MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was riding home on the last night of my days off before going offshore and my headlight cover fell off and shattered all over my street. I laughed. I never thought it would happen to me but alas, I am yet another headlight victim. Can anyone help me with some advice? My fork sliders coating rubbed off and MV did nothing, am I looking at the same fate on this one? Anyone know what my next move should be? The thing just fell off. WTH?:violin:

Attachments

·
Registered
488 Posts
Hey there is one on EBAY at around $150.00 but I think there are 6 days left. I think they sell for $600.00. You have to buy the whole assembly.

·
Administrator
20,019 Posts
Since you have a 2006 your warranty is probably out. If not then you should contact a dealer nearest to you. Meanwhile here is the part number and price quoted by Fast By Ferraci in PA. Part number # 8000A178 headlamp unit $474.07.

·
Registered
215 Posts
same thing happened to mine on a speed bump, then a lorry flattened it, told the dealership and there doing a warranty claim it's a reconised fault, and they will change it mine's in that process now, and also 2006 reg, must have been faulty batch, i couldn't see what was keeping it in then spotted the thread saying just sealer, bit daft eh!!:nutkick:are you sure them large speakers didn't blow it out.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I was randomly talking to a current Hypermotard owner who mentioned his 910R's headlight cover also randomly fell off... hence he traded the bike back into Pro Italia for the Hypermotard S...

what kind of silicone should be used? anything from Home Depot is OK i assume?

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
I was randomly talking to a current Hypermotard owner who mentioned his 910R's headlight cover also randomly fell off... hence he traded the bike back into Pro Italia for the Hypermotard S...
quote]

Isn't that like trading in Halle Berry for Rosie O'Donnell, just because she has an occasional bad day? :jsm:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Actually it is like being married to Jennifer Aniston, meeting Angelina Jolie while making a movie, and then deciding what to do.

I think Tony is the fellow I ran into at the movie theater earlier this week. Really I guess my bike change was more of a switch than a trade-in

I had a 910S (with issues), which I traded for the 910R. When the headlight fell off, it took two months to get another one. During that time, I purchased the Hypermotard, and then decided I did not need (or really want) both bikes and sold the 910R to get a fresh start.

While I enjoyed both bikes, the Hyper seemed like more fun all around - akin to choice posed by the first sentence of my post.

·
Registered
215 Posts
that's a good price, looks brand new as well!!:popcorn:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
First my fork coatings and now this. I am calling my dealership and watching that one on Ebay. I hope my dealer will be cool about this.

·
Administrator
20,019 Posts
I can't believe that headlight just sold for $510 + shipping :jsm:......You can buy one from FBF for $475.....if you were bidding on this one and just lost out, Call Dan at FBF and save some coins.

If you just bought it....well, you bought it. :baddeal:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all.
Like many others, have been silently following this forum for some time, and have registered in order to reply to this thread since it involves ME !
Recently highsided my 910r and whilst waiting out the body repairs have embarked on collecting the required bits to restore its respectability.
The very helpfull New Zealand agent suggested I be sitting down (already was; body cast) before quoting the local price of this item.
Complete Assy off the shelf + shipping, NZ$ 2000 approx = US$ 1082.00
Split fwd assy, ( glass with rim & reflector) NZ$ 1300 = US$705 + shipping.
E Bay is my friend ! and you guys too of course, great input and vibes.
Relatively happy to top the bidding at $510, . . . but I hadnt heard of FBF ?
Next difficult item, not avail in NZ, the headlight/turn signal mount.
Someone know of one for sale? ........ suggestions ?

·
Administrator
20,019 Posts
Welcome Razzum....and congratulations on your win, since that will be a great deal in NZ compared to the prices quoted !!

Fast By Ferraci is a retail bike dealer here in the USA (Pennsylvania to be exact). Mr Ferraci is a past GP racer, and was involved in USA Superbike racing on MVs a season ago. His dealership is just down the road from MV Agusta USA distributor HQ.

When I was making my own repairs I contacted them for pricing and availability of parts when my local dealer's parts man was incompetant (now out of business).

They are on the web, and I would recommend them if you are searching for parts or information.

Best regards....and hope to meet you someday.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts