MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally am close to having 2 Wheel Crazies '06m 910 back on the road after a couple scratches painted and a new headlight!

Her repair has gone very smoothly, and she looks brand new.

My big dilema, I was going to fix her up, and sell her, as I already have an Aprilia Falco that I custom painted and spiffed up. However, the Brutale 910 is my dream bike, and I am not too thrilled with the idea of letting her go now!

I am right in the middle of purchasing a house - I can't justify 2 bikes - kitchen - or extra bike - it's that simple.

hmmmmmph - this is tough - don't know how well the customized Falco 1000cc will sell........... what is a girl to do?

any tips- i know other people have multiple bikes....... :jsm:
:cry:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Go with the dreqam bike!

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
Well, the smart advice would be to settle your house affairs, and get a second bike down the line...But where is the fun in that? Keep them both.

"Life is too short to drink cheap wine" - One of my favorite quotes...It isn't really about wine, though, it is about living.
"I may be going to hell in a bucket, but at least I'm enjoying the ride" - Probably the quote that fits me the best...Offered as a disclaimer before you heed any of my advice. :jsm:

Best of luck, if it must be one, I vote for the 910.

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Sell the Aprilia! Or don't buy a kitchen. Who cares, just have fun...

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
To <slightly> paraphrase one of my favourite quotes:

"No-one has ever raised themselves up on one elbow on their death-bed and wished they spent more time in the kitchen"

Assuming you're not destitute, do whatever you'd do if it wasn't for the money. :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one."

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i don't know about that last post - I have made too many mistakes already in my young life!

I don't want to make many more - they cost too much! :stickpoke

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
hppsco said:
you guys are terrific!!!! heh heh - who needs a kitchen right? :laughing:
Right! Or buy a cheapo kitchen :king: money is relative and don't compromise on the MV; in time you will regret it and will never be able to remenber what you were thinking...

·
Registered
819 Posts
Everyone will flame me for saying this...(flame suit on)....but the kitchen and master bathroom is what adds more value per dollar for a house. You probably wont live there til you die so i say make a beautiful kitchen and better your life in the long run. There will always be other bikes you will want. If you so choose you can get another 910...its not like the are going to disappear any time soon.

It sounds like you put a lot of effort into the falco and may have some sentimental value attached. The fact that the 910 is going to bring more money which will help you do the kitchen right should be considered when choosing which bike to part with. Yes it may sting a little in the beginning, but when you see the new kitchen and realize you just added 20-50K to the house then it will take some of the sting away.

After all, isn't that what you were hoping someone would say anyway? :D

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Keep both bikes, fnance the kitchen. Either wrap it up in the purchase price of the new house or take a home equity loan. Kitchens and baths are the two improvements you can make to a home that will add the most value. In the kitchen counter tops (granite) and floors (tile or hard wood) will give you the greatest ROI.

ALWAYS use other peoples money for appreciating assets.

CAG

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
[COLOR=Magenta]I will have to investigate just how much I can get for the Falco if I were to sell it. If it is close, (I will never gain full value of what I put into it) then I will try to sell it and keep the Brute. If it is not close, then I need to consider the return as you mentioned that I will be getting out of my house. I have made many financial mistakes, both marriage, personal and business, and have paid dearly, and still do, for many of them. I am just getting back on my feet, and this will be my first house on my own. The area the house is in, is being rebuilt and revitalized with a shopping center, theatrical center, 50 (1 million dollar homes), 400 (700k and up) loft style studio condos, a park and retail storefronts. The value of my home is going to go up significantly within the next 3 years. I need to do a new kitchen and 2 new bathrooms, plus a new roof, and some new windows in this new house. It does not just emcompass "a new kitchen" it represents thousands of dollars. All for a good cause mind you, but I need to plan out my dollars wisely right now. 2 motorcycles does not fit into that plan. :violin:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
the mortgage guy will only give me financing for the structure of the existing house. I am doing 100% financing so there will be no line of credit allowed for a year or so. All this has to come out of cash in my little pockets.......................thus, selling one of the bikes = CASH

1 - 20 of 39 Posts