MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Day 1. The bike felt like a pitbull spoiling for a fight. Power snapped on and off. Pegs at max width did not feel wide enough. Adjustments moved them higher making it even more cramped. 100km run keeping to the recommended 5,500rpm max. Constantly felt the need to change up even after reaching top. Mirrors were useless. Depression.
Day 2. Another 100km. Bit more use to the bike. But still the same problems. The headlights seems awfully dim for headlamp that looked so promising. Discovered I have been riding with a blown bulb.
Day 3. Bulb replaced. Another 100km. The roads brighter with working headlight. All other problems remained. Sigh.
Day 4. Ignore recommended 5,500rpm maximum. Hung on to the tank and bar to stop myself toppling backwards. Sound above 6,000rpm was something else. This is way beyond me. More gloom.
Day 5. Through some twisties then blasted it down open roads. Can't see myself opening past 9,000rpm in any gear. Bike does feels a whole lot smoother. Beginning to like the sound! Handling is remarkable. Allows me to ride beyond my ability. Worrying. 650km. Oil change.
Day 6. Lowered pegs, width decreased. Eased pressure on ankles. Wedged
tiny ball-bearing on the inner base of each mirror to tilt them outwards. Improved rearview. Clouds lifting.
Day 7. Opening up as much and as often as I can. Legal limit 90kpm. 8-9,000rpm max. Will never be able to use anywhere near it's maximum. Bike now smooth, power flows, handles faultlessly, got used to the pegs, love the sound. Looking forward to future rides.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Heh, not exactly love at first site...but sounds like it's grown on you.

That bluish green fluid is almost certainly coolant. The MV has some funky blue coolant in it, I've never seen anything like it actually.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
It's true, these engines go into hyper-drive over 9000 rpm, what you tend to overlook is the fact that you are travelling at one hell of a pace to even get up to 9000 rpm, let alone take it to the rev limiter. The sound and the acceleration when you do is truly out of this world. :smoking:

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Yup, like all good things, it needs work.

You will really start to build a relationship with this bike, it will get better and better, demanding? yes, civilised? Not always, boring?? NO!

I had to rotate my shifter all the way forward to get some toe room, much better now.

And yes, mine "burped" a little blue coolant on my driveway after the first hot hard ride. Just the overflow doing its thing.

Enjoy the ride! :grin:

John T

1 - 4 of 4 Posts