MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i am new to the board and have a question and since i know absolutely no one in my area with a mv or even seen one in the are i figured this would be the place to ask im chosing between two bikes one is a 2007 f41000r with 6k miles on the clock and the second is a 2006 f4 with the same amount of mileage was wondering what you guys would think is a fair price for these bikes and is there any noticeable differences between the two bikes thanks for the advice it is much apreciated

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Need more info on the 2006 model, is it a F4-1000R or F4-1000S?

The 2006 should be a S model, but be sure to double check..

2007 has the following that the 2006 does not.

much lighter wheels (half the weight of the wheels on the 2006)
radial front brake calipers with much better grip
a better more advanced ECU
a cat thats welded to the headers (some models) that is more expensive to eliminate
A cracking radiator problem ( gotojoe has a nice bracket just for that problem)
a overheating problem (easily fixed with some $)
Better suspension
a bit more power

Cant help you on price. Its worth what a person is willing to pay for it.

I would get the 2007 R though.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Welcome.....where are you from?

·
Administrator
19,875 Posts
Welcome to the family Torpedo......pricing is a tricky point. Besides condition there is location, maintenance records, added bling/performance parts.

As the Randarosa asked, where on the small blue planet are you? And what are the sellers asking? And the 2007 is probably worth more than the 2006 for reasons Donsy stated.....but year models are not the same around the world. USA is typically a year behind on the first gen new MVs.

·
Premium Member
2,886 Posts
Where on the east coast? If near Manhattan, you are more than welcome to come check both of mine out. Each of mine are similar, respectively, to what you are looking at.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Where on the east coast? If near Manhattan, you are more than welcome to come check both of mine out. Each of mine are similar, respectively, to what you are looking at.
Guidpetorpedo. Get a good 2007 1000R, it's a better package.

MVArthur, ,,your parts will be on the way today!!

·
Premium Member
2,886 Posts
Thanks Jorge. And just to clarify, neither of my bikes are for sale. Sorry for the confusion.

Guidpetorpedo. Get a good 2007 1000R, it's a better package.

MVArthur, ,,your parts will be on the way today!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts