MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, just got myself a Brutale 990R 2 weeks ago.. Kinda fell in love with the looks.

Already done the 1000km service. So far still getting use to the riding position and frontal wind. Been using the Honda CBR1000RR for about 2 years before.

Anyway hope to learn more bout the bike and enjoy the experience.

Cheers

·
Registered
814 Posts
Welcome to the forum mate! Post up some pics when you get a chance.
I can almost guarantee that you will love the experience and if you hang around here, you'll have all the information you need.

Where abouts are you from?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the forum mate! Post up some pics when you get a chance.
I can almost guarantee that you will love the experience and if you hang around here, you'll have all the information you need.

Where abouts are you from?
Thanks mate.. Hoping for that too. i'm from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Its hot and humid here.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Welcome aboard, lots of good people here!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Welcome!!!

No pics, no bike!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Nice bike you got there ... here's a pic of my first MV taken yesterday @ Le Mans Moto GP ... the day before I saw what 10500 rpm in sixth gear was like :naughty: ... and twas still pulling lol! This was my first long trip on it and after 320 miles I was a bit battered but well worth it ... and to be honest doubt I would have done the journey any quicker on the ZX-10R (All country roads too, nice)! It gets better the more I push which is nice ...

Also, met an English bloke there with a 989R who paid the Gendarmes 300 euro for the privilege of doing 156 mph .. ha ha, win some lose some!

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Welcome:)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Come on then what speed was 10500 in top ??
.... in km/h was 2 40 something ... but what struck me was that I still felt a reasonable pull from the engine and it was a bit, err windy some serious buffeting starting to get on :) I hope to repeat the experience in August when I plan to take it on track @ Le Mans and can just about get to 150mph on the Gixer 750 so will be a good test ...

Might invest in a small screen for the longer journeys .. then it will be spot on.

·
Registered
147 Posts
celica and that burble on over-run in the tunnels through the Pyrenees for me in a fortnights time will be
:laughing::laughing:...tunnels...Now I know why they were built...just to hear the amazing roar of our Brutales!!!!:violin:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks guys/gals... So far have clocked 2700+km. Too bad been bz with work. Would love to ride more.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts