MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, this was a road trip in the planning for some time, from when I first met mitchy through here on the forums. Mitch suggested that he knew a great ride and over-nighter to an outback town. And of course, mvmatty was in for the ride too. I think pfatty was coming as well, but had problems on the dyno, read his thread.

It was a great route, about 900km round trip for me. Through National Parks, high altitude Granite Belt, mountains, creeks, I think you get the picture

I had been in the saddle from 5:00am, loving my bike for all it's worth It was about 3:00pm in the afternoon, 500km's into the trip, time for more fuel, cool, no worries.

On the way out of town, something happened to my bike, that well, ended my trip a long way from home. It kind of felt as though I let the team down a bit, threw a spanner in the works, so to speak.

The bike has been serviced properly by a MV Authorized mechanic. 9600km on the clock.

Go on, guess what happened.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Yep,
Great trip, for all of us...up to that point...
Now what was it again....????

Anyone want to take a stab on this one....

Cheers
Matt

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Threw a rod, or a wellnut in the airbox?

Hub(bearings) shouldn't fail so fast, so I am betting on things I wrote before.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Own up for fuck sake.:drummer:
I did 800km in two day trip and used 8 tanks of fuel, no problems. Now tell us.
8 tanks in 800km's eh....

And I thought filling up every 150km's was bad....

·
Registered
363 Posts
C'mon, spill the beans. I'm considering using the MV to Scotland and back, or a trip around France in August. I need to know what needs checking before I do!

I think you:
a) lost the key
b) put diesel in the tank
c) a moving part ate another one

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Kawininja jacked it??
:laughing: x 100! I LOVE this place!!!

You met a super hot babe en route (almost impossible not to on an MV, even my wife got hotter after I got my MVs) & dumped your mates?

BTW - that's very un-Australian!

·
Registered
324 Posts
you lost your keys?

my second guess would definitely be the drop bear or a chupacabra :laughing:

·
Super Moderator
23,102 Posts
Fuel hose popped off inside tank....

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Hurry the F**** Up and tell us!!

What ever you do don't lose your keys, I rang Sydney, gave them my key code as it says in the bloody manual and guess what??? They didn't know anything about the code and replacement keys - bastards, Luckily my daughter found it in the front lawn!!!!!

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
:laughing: x 100! I LOVE this place!!!

You met a super hot babe en route (almost impossible not to on an MV, even my wife got hotter after I got my MVs) & dumped your mates?

BTW - that's very un-Australian!
What, the meeting a hot babe or the dumping your mates :stickpoke:naughty:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts