MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I am about to pick up my first Agusta on Saturday (very excited) and want to buy some crash bobbins for it but cant seem to find any

it's a 3 month old 989R
so my question is are any other model compatible?

Thanks in advance

Bo

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Hi everyone I am about to pick up my first Agusta on Saturday (very excited) and want to buy some crash bobbins for it but cant seem to find any

it's a 3 month old 989R
so my question is are any other model compatible?

Thanks in advance

Bo
Hi Bo
Welcome to the forum mate.
Your 989R uses the same frame as the "older" version Brutale (750/910 and 1078). Go to the site linked near the top of the Brutale and Maint sections and download workshop manual's.

As far as crash protection goes, frame protectors are good and the dealer you are going to should know which is good fro your frame. Don't forget to get some engine case protection too.

Have a look in here for options if your dealer can't help you - http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35
Good luck and enjoy.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Donsy thanks for your help I now have my bike and a set of bobbins have been fitted, I now need to save up for all the other stuff I want to get for it

I have to say it is the most beautiful thing I've ever owned and far surpassed what I ever thought it would be able to do

I cant ever see me owning anything other then an MV I am only sad that it took me so long to find such a great bike

I now need to work out how to put a photo up

·
Registered
639 Posts
Very nice !!

Enjoy the ride :brutale:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Hi Bo i just got my 989r three weeks ago and love it.I am just waiting on my carbon seat cowl and infills to arrive from Design Corse.What have you added to yours and have you had any issues.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
phillo45 I absolutely love mine too I can't believe what a great bike it is and it's excellent when you stop anywhere with other bikes as everyone else love it too, I have swapped the mirror but I think that's fairly standard most people would as the originals will only good for seeing my chest and I have put some new bar ends and grips on to match them and some Crash bobbins, I have four new indicators and a tail tidy on the way

I have added some pictures

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
That bike is absolutely gorgeous! By far my favorite color combo. Enjoy her.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Stunning bike Bo i love the colour,i will post mine when my carbon parts arrive.I agree whenever i stop anywhere everyone stares and love it.These are very unusual here in Ireland so it makes it extra special.

·
Super Moderator
22,665 Posts
The Rizoma grips have rubber inserts that provide plenty of contol. I have them installed on a Monster 695 and and S4Rs MOnster...I like them alot.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I will eco that sentiment, whilst I haven't tried them out on the road yet just sitting on the bike they feel really good in your hand, very comfortable with lots of grip and look great too

I would thoroughly recommend them

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
just fitted some new indicators and a tail tidy, so thought I would add the pictures to my thread

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts