MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, it’s on. I found a guy in Germany who can help me tuning my RC.
I will leave the bike next week and update here what’s going on.

I have a name for it but thought I would present it first when it’s done(it’ll never be “done” since there will always be something to upgrade).

The 1133cc-kit that HRH offered was for the older F4 and there is NOTHING for the newer. But I found a way. :laugh:

I hope for at least 212 on the wheel instead of engine horsepower. If I achieve that, or more, I’m satisfied.

For the heating issue I hope the Febur radiator, water pump upgrade and engine ice is enough(?)! Maybe put other fans with separate switch too?

Cosmetics will be an ongoing project with bolts, fasteners, handlebars and so on.

I bought ARAMIS Bodis slipon(thanks for a great deal) and I will buy the headers for them too later. Would be nice finding a carbon tail guard for this.

Wheels will be BST. Not sure if I should pick the red ones for my model. The gold ones I wanted look brown so they’re off the list.
I will upgrade the brakes in time but they’re still all new so right now is pointless.

The bike will be an insane ride and too difficult for me to handle, I confess, but that’s the way I want it.

Since I’m, still, new in this MV World feel free to come up with suggestions I may have missed or didn’t think of.

Attachments

·
2,155 Posts
Ok, it’s on. I found a guy in Germany who can help me tuning my RC.
I will leave the bike next week and update here what’s going on.

I have a name for it but thought I would present it first when it’s done(it’ll never be “done” since there will always be something to upgrade).

The 1133cc-kit that HRH offered was for the older F4 and there is NOTHING for the newer. But I found a way. :laugh:

I hope for at least 212 on the wheel instead of engine horsepower. If I achieve that, or more, I’m satisfied.

For the heating issue I hope the Febur radiator, water pump upgrade and engine ice is enough(?)! Maybe put other fans with separate switch too?

Cosmetics will be an ongoing project with bolts, fasteners, handlebars and so on.

I bought ARAMIS Bodis slipon(thanks for a great deal) and I will buy the headers for them too later. Would be nice finding a carbon tail guard for this.

Wheels will be BST. Not sure if I should pick the red ones for my model. The gold ones I wanted look brown so they’re off the list.
I will upgrade the brakes in time but they’re still all new so right now is pointless.

The bike will be an insane ride and too difficult for me to handle, I confess, but that’s the way I want it.

Since I’m, still, new in this MV World feel free to come up with suggestions I may have missed or didn’t think of.
pic is on its side :wink2::wink2::wink2::wink2::ahhh::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm:

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Yes please keep us informed. You could also look at getting rid of some of the cast parts to a cnc machined look. Plus it gets rid of some weight.

·
Registered
727 Posts
This is going to be an interesting project to follow considering you're upgrading the F4 RC most people already dream and feel happy to have one and you're going for the extra mile.
In my opinion you've chosen the best exhaust for this project regarding looks and sound and believe me when you make it a full exhaust the roar is fantastic. While installing the complete RG7 on my F4 just by curiosity I used the Bodis that have the same fitting and believe me what a nice ROAR :grin2:
Anyway I completed my F4 using all the MV Corse parts and keeping a more traditional look. I bought the racing ECU from Evolutionbike and what a smooth and progressive acceleration I've now. Always a good place to get advise and special MV parts.
Regarding the BST wheels I would go with the regular black because the color carbon seems to add too much bling factor in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Nicholas I too like unique high performance builds . WE take stock(1200$ new) Briggs and Stratton 1000cc 90 degree v-twins from 35hp(lifespan 6000-7000 miles) to 125hp(turbo/supercharged) with lifespan of 20,000-25,000 miles and make phenominal touring bike engine bolts right up to Harley Electra Glide/road glide . Look in UK for techs USA techs are lucky if they get reflash correct. Friend of mine from Ireland who owns a shop here now is shocked how poor usa techs are, says most are just parts changers .
Wish you luck just remember not all builds that look great on paper do not always work in real life . EXAMPLE Custom made 2500cc Supercharged flat head engine. Low power and powerband is all bottom end dies past 5000rpm .... just doesn't work lol .
keep us informed love to hear about your build

PS The Avatar pic you see is 1000cc Briggs Stratton V-twin with Aisin 500 Supercharger. 125hp 115bs torque in 1995 Kawasaki GPZ1100 chassis . ALMOST as fast as original

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Hi Armis what Horsepower gains have you gotten from the Bodis Headers? I bought Bodis Headers and SC Projects exhaust

Nicholas a bored and stroked F4RC, you will be running with the Kawasaki H2R on trackdays.(the Kawasaki H2R cannot be registered for street use)

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
XB88 I also went with the 227 microtec for my 2012 F4RR . 177 RWHP and 90Ft lbs torque is GREAT being the 2010 F4RR is same bore stroke ratio as gen1 engine. In fact that's more powerfull than any Japanese superbike or even the BMW s1000RR.
Remember the Japanese have yet to catch up to the European manufactures in the Superbike/literbike class. Kawasaki has won the WSBK titles through RULE changes, having the biggest budget and fastest riders.

FYI ... I have nothing against the Japanese manufactures I just bought a new 2016 Kawasaki H2 and love it , very comfortable and midrange is phenominal.

·
Registered
227 Posts
This is going to be an interesting project to follow considering you're upgrading the F4 RC most people already dream and feel happy to have one and you're going for the extra mile.
++ Plus 1...

"Alby"

I have a plain old 2007 F4 312R and I love it to death...

Regarding the BST wheels I would give them a miss because they are ugly and "plastic" in my opinion.

OK fire away gang..Lol..

·
Registered
727 Posts
Hi Armis what Horsepower gains have you gotten from the Bodis Headers? I bought Bodis Headers and SC Projects exhaust

Nicholas a bored and stroked F4RC, you will be running with the Kawasaki H2R on trackdays.(the Kawasaki H2R cannot be registered for street use)
Sorry, no numbers While installing the RG7 only put the Bodis to notice the roar but I feel NicholasF4 will show some nice numbers soon:wink2:

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks to ARAMIS I got this today. Now I just need to get it 1000km down in Germany :laugh:

Just ordered the headers since I need the full system.

Thanks for a great business deal ARAMIS!!

Attachments

·
Registered
727 Posts
I'm happy that the exhaust goes to a nice project and I'm sure you'll love the sound/performance.
Well at least I wasn't the only person having problems in finding a good way to put the exhaust for transport:grin2:
It's a big box but it's light - Titanium.
My project ended in a more traditional look with the complete RG7 but no doubt Bodis is probably the best choice you can get.

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
You should take those mag parts off your engine and send them my way>:)

Good luck with the build. Can't wait to see the numbers.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts