MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i wont go into the problem with my bike because its not striped down to the block and should be up and running in a week or so.
This post is about my quest to locate a suitable head gasket for an F4 750.
Of course like many others a few years ago i down loaded the factory workshop manuals thanks to Dons.
Well after very careful scrutiny as to which F4 head gasket to choose from, there are 4 different gaskets with 4 different part numbers in the engine manual with very small variations in thickness. I chose the correct one.
I contacted Moto Forza Italia at Silverstone Uk, our family have used them for several years for MV and Ducati parts. They contacted the MV factory who after a few days eventually answerd there emails. After giving the part number for the head gasket, the MV factory said that another head gasket that is for an F4 1000 will fit the 750 just fine. There were no little variations as in the 750 gaskets as mentioned in the manual, just this one general head gasket should do and will fit all pre 2010 F4 1000 & 750s just fine:jsm:
Even the guy from Forza Italia was a some what perplexed, so not feeling to confident i canceled my order and instead orderd one for sale from Germany via ebay with the original part number i wanted in the first place.:yo: The second option was one in Australia.
I am wondering if because of the recent factory problem, are MV using the janitors who happen to be passing the office to answer the phones and emails:). How very Italian, how very vague, how very MV:bawling: Brando

·
Registered
14,486 Posts
wtf??????

janitors are smarter than that........

what assholes .......1000 head gasket on 750???????

:jerkoff::jerkoff::jerkoff:

·
Super Moderator
22,301 Posts
If the head pattern is the same for all passages, why wouldn't it work?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And i agree and if that was the case, maybe mv should not list 4 ddifferent types of head gaskets for the 750cc, i have no idea if there are more than one type for the 1000cc. My guess there might be.
The description was to vague and generally sweeping for me just to pay blindly and hope for the best with fingers crossed:jsm:
On top of that, the guy at Moto forza italia being bemused and baffled at what the factory said, gave me no confidence:wtf:
Brando

·
Administrator
19,794 Posts
Passages, bolt locations and bore diameter must be same....

But doesn't the 750 engine call for a deck height measurement that then determines gasket thickness to maintain correct squish band and compression???? Hence multiple part numbers?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Yes, on my engine the gasket type was on a tab of the old head gasket. I know why there are variants of the gasket. Thats why i wanted the same one/part number, no need to do any squish measurement in this case. However had i bought the one recomended by the factory, even if i was measuring the squish, i would have had to make do.
Question. Does the 1000cc engines require the same deck measurements as the 750s?

·
Administrator
19,794 Posts
Hmmmm....then there will be a gap between the head and the cylinder deck where the flame front would encroach, as well as reducing compression.

Seems a bit "Shade Tree" to me. It may work, but it won't be right!!

Wonder if Cometic makes (or could make) a gasket for you? The part number should correlate to a thickness spec somewhere.

http://www.cometic.com/custom-gaskets.aspx

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi, as i have said in my first post, i already have one coming. I am not looking for one, i never said i was going to use a 100 cc gasgit. I was just posting for every ones information as to what the factory told me. Brando

·
Administrator
19,794 Posts
Hi, as i have said in my first post, i already have one coming. I am not looking for one, i never said i was going to use a 100 cc gasgit. I was just posting for every ones information as to what the factory told me. Brando
And good information, too. :smoking:

Cometic lists gaskets for just about everything except MV....I'm wondering if they know there could be some demand out there, especially since the factory appears to be discontinuing the parts for the old 750 (the newest ones are now over 10 years old :jsm:).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts