MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a little help trouble shooting my 07 F4. Took the MV out earlier today since there was decent weather for a change. Well cruising along, maybe 20 minutes into my ride, I went to give it more throttle and everything shut down and was completely dead. Safely on the side of the road I had no lights, dash or engine power. While doing a quick troubleshooting I noticed that when I turned the key on, I got no lights or power but I could hear the fuel pump prime. Since I was riding at the time, I ruled out the battery and was thinking ECU. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
22,051 Posts
Agreed

·
Registered
925 Posts
Any luck finding the problem, had an issue once with the starter solenoid 40 amp fuse, it was full of water and corroded, may be worth checking whilst you are there.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Any luck finding the problem, had an issue once with the starter solenoid 40 amp fuse, it was full of water and corroded, may be worth checking whilst you are there.
Haven't checked it yet. Plan on going thru the wires tonight

·
Super Moderator
22,051 Posts
Leww1, is the bike now running, or is it continuing to blow the 15 amp fuse metioned previously?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Leww1, is the bike now running, or is it continuing to blow the 15 amp fuse metioned previously?

Its running now, replaced the fuse then moved and shook around the electrical wires while the bike was running to see if it would blow the fuse. So far its good with the fuse but while the bike as running, it keep cutting off and sputtering.

·
Banned
676 Posts
Since the original problem occurred while you were performing a particular action on the bike, and since the bike is now running rough, I would suggest that a hardware fault has developed.

I would disconnect the battery, check the plug wires for cracks, reconnect the battery, restart, and see if the problem still exists.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Since the original problem occurred while you were performing a particular action on the bike, and since the bike is now running rough, I would suggest that a hardware fault has developed.

I would disconnect the battery, check the plug wires for cracks, reconnect the battery, restart, and see if the problem still exists.

I will try that today

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just to give a quick update, I disconnected the battery, rechecked fuses and wires. Hooked everything back up after about an hour, started it up and still sputtering but not as bad.

I ended up taking off the tank and air box to inspect further and plan on changing the filter and spark plugs. Is there anything else to check for since everything is off.

Also, I checked the valves and #2,3,4 were flush while #1 had a gap. Is that normal.

·
Super Moderator
22,051 Posts
Ok, I think we (or at least I) need a clarification here. Are you talking about the butterfly valves in the throttle bodies, or are yo talking about the intake valves in the engine head?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts