MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friends need help, this afternoon I went out to take a walk in my f4 2013 when suddenly the bike was shut down completely ...... not turn: no dashboard, no boot, no beep, only turns the bulbs streetlight small front and rear light, for rest the bike is fully dead battery 12.72 volts brand I've looked most apparently fuses and all are fine, no where more search
If any of you can give me some idea. Thank you very much

regards

JUAN

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sorry to hear that... I hope that you get it working soon and that it's a simple fix. There were some other board members that had a similar problems.

·
Formerly - dagmvagusta
423 Posts
Juan, had the exact same problem on my 2012. First thing to do is to the test the battery especially if it is still factory. I went down to the local auto parts and just picked up a standard motorcycle battery (12)v and it didn't fit exactly but that's fine I needed to test he positive and negative terminals. After connecting the temp battery the bike lite up and fires right up. So I say to myself the stock battery is less than a year old what happen. Well it all depends it could have come from sitting a few weeks and I also brought the charging system that goes with the built in f4 1000. Maybe it overcharged the battery even though its the built in unit. All that to say is it could be as simple as the battery. Don't take for granted that the battery can go dead even thou the bike is new. I went ahead and brought a lfx 14 shorai battery and there charger since its lithium. Super light, and fires right up with no problems.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I have had the same situation as DAGMVAGUSTA on other bikes. But only when the previous owner had tried to get away with buying a cheaper battery that had same/correct amount of Voltage but lower cranking AMPS.. If your using a battery with the correct/stock cranking Amps , I would look somewhere else so not to waste money on a new battery.

Juan I am having the same problem with my Ridley . It has a Simple yet Odd electrical system. I already changed out the electric ignition system components and batterey is at full charge. Lights work but Nothing else ? misery loves company lol.

·
Super Moderator
22,875 Posts
If your battery is a Koyo...ditch it and get a Yuasa or similar.
Use the search function for Koyo here and you'll find information that will help.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Juan, had the exact same problem on my 2012. First thing to do is to the test the battery especially if it is still factory. I went down to the local auto parts and just picked up a standard motorcycle battery (12)v and it didn't fit exactly but that's fine I needed to test he positive and negative terminals. After connecting the temp battery the bike lite up and fires right up. So I say to myself the stock battery is less than a year old what happen. Well it all depends it could have come from sitting a few weeks and I also brought the charging system that goes with the built in f4 1000. Maybe it overcharged the battery even though its the built in unit. All that to say is it could be as simple as the battery. Don't take for granted that the battery can go dead even thou the bike is new. I went ahead and brought a lfx 14 shorai battery and there charger since its lithium. Super light, and fires right up with no problems.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
I've tried another battery and nothing is completely dead (no dash, no whistle, no front light, is dead) only turns the backlight. I've been testing the fuse box with some wires causing power bridge to board and get error lights on the dash (fault-bat voltage 0) and (fault-can line) also get a code at times (1-42 ) think it is the air sensor, but check and is well connected. I checked all fuses. drummer etc ..... I think it is a bad news regarding the ECU .. you may have errror????
no more where to look???

Juan

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
problem solved

Friends need help, this afternoon I went out to take a walk in my f4 2013 when suddenly the bike was shut down completely ...... not turn: no dashboard, no boot, no beep, only turns the bulbs streetlight small front and rear light, for rest the bike is fully dead battery 12.72 volts brand I've looked most apparently fuses and all are fine, no where more search
If any of you can give me some idea. Thank you very much

regards

JUAN
Hello friends, after a long search trying all day today from one place to another, to change battery without positive result, changing fuses and finally thought that possibly the ECU needed repair ......... .. switche damage was in the ignition switch, had taken off one of the four wires that are welded on the inside, so small tin and problem solved the bike works perfectly
I did not know that another cause when the bike is completely dead is check the ignition switch to see if it's okay

thank you all for the ideas

regards

Juan

·
Super Moderator
22,875 Posts
Glad you are sorted!

·
Registered
938 Posts
Very good posting Juan.
Thank you for following up on this with us. I'd never have thought to look at that either.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts