MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well today I tested the ABS and traction control
A total 'a-hole' :jerkoff:pulled a u-turn in front of me and I went from 40 mph (corrected due to idiot reply) to zero in what seemed 20 yards.
Forget about skill - I had nowhere to go and grabbed the brake and held on
The bike shuddered and did some weird shit i don't ever want to experience again and she stopped 1 foot short of the car - I do not exaggerate.

Well i don't know what you would have done but the initial relief was followed by the red mist of anger - the rest isn't for this blog.

I know if I was on my F4750, I would be in Basildon ED right now.:violin:

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
Well today I tested the ABS and traction control
A total 'a-hole' :jerkoff:pulled a u-turn in front of me and I went from 140 mph to zero in what seemed 20 yards. Ok I exaggerate!
Forget about skill - I had nowhere to go and grabbed the brake and held on
The bike shuddered and did some weird shit i don't ever want to experience again and she stopped 1 foot short of the car - I do not exaggerate.

Well i don't know what you would have done but the initial relief was followed by the red mist of anger - the rest isn't for this blog.

I know if I was on my F4750, I would be in Basildon ED right now.:violin:
Sounds like it was completely your fault anyway, what the fuck were you doing 140mph for anywhere a car may do a U-turn...sounds like a 30mph area to me

I have had to rely on the ABS and RLM a couple of times now and it's a nice thing to have.
I never 'HAVE' to rely on ABS etc on the street. I rely on my knowledge and skill

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
I never 'HAVE' to rely on ABS etc on the street. I rely on my knowledge and skill[/QUOTE]

So you rely on the "knowledge and skill" of other motorist......?

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
I never 'HAVE' to rely on ABS etc on the street. I rely on my knowledge and skill
So you rely on the "knowledge and skill" of other motorist......?[/QUOTE]

Don't be so stupid, that's not what I said and it's not what I meant....and you know it. Fact is we all need to rely on ourselves when we ride a bike on the street, not on others (nor the electronics of the bike)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Dear quad

You are an idiot!!
I have edited my post
In fact I was doing 40 in a 50!
I didn't expect a response like that from another motorcyclist
I'm glad you are so awesome on a bike and I hope you never have anyone do the same to you.
If they do, I am sure you'll let us know

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
Well 221, if you had not made the initial error in saying you were doing 140mph, it is entirely possible I would have a different viewpoint and may not have been so critical. As it is I still think you're the idiot....why didn't you simply say you made a typo on the speed, then I'd be apologising. By the way I am glad you didn't have a crash.

·
Super Moderator
22,107 Posts
Um, Rob, It does matter. Accuracy is important. The first thing I though when I read you initial post was that you are an idiot for riding that fast on a street where there is traffic.

Now, Quad-Turbo happens to be every bit as skilled as he claims...and he's a damn nice guy.

His observation is accurate and correct based on the initial post.

This community has never pulled a punch in the name of politeness over accuracy...nor should it.

ON another note, when I street ride I never assume the other driver is going to do the right thing. I leave a lot of margin and I have alternate paths planned for avoiding what may happen. It's called defensive driving. The basic tenet of which is assuming no one can see you and everyone is out to kill you.

Now, I am glad the ABS helped out because, when another driver puts a motorcyclist at risk because of selfish behavior, it pisses me off.

BTW, you should learn your audience.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
so glad he is such a great guy, i hope you are happy together.

My original post was trying to explain that the bike performed well and got me out of trouble. I also thought i made it clear that i was exaggerating! I personally would have asked before making a statement like that but i guess that's just me.
I have had enough experience to know what to look for thank you and don't need or require a lecture.
I am impressed that Quad thinks that there will never be a time when someone does something so stupid and unexpected that he won't need the technology.
personally I think you shouldn't make a comment like 'it was your fault' unless you were there. Life is too short and I wish I hadn't fucking bothered.

BTW GFY

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
Hey Chris, hope you are well. I would have been in line with your initial reply. Rob, this forum is a little different from other motorcycle forums. People here have 0 respect for any squid-like douche-bag riding on the street. People who post about their immature and bad riding often don't come across well, in a group of older more responsible riders. Your un-edited post would have led anyone to believe that you were riding at excessive speed on surface streets(or any road for that matter) and Chris' reply would have been spot on don't you think? From 40mph to stop in 60' is a good grab on the brakes for sure, glad you were okay.

:wave: :popcorn:

·
Super Moderator
22,107 Posts
Well, Rob, you have now cemented an image of your maturity.

Why don't you man up and tell me which interpretation of GFY you are using?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Man Up?
Sorry i thought that was widely known as Go Fuck Yourself!

BTW - couldn't care less what you think

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
He's not worth the ink Chuck..........but I should have one last say on the topic. Exaggeration I took as your stopping distance 221, and I never said electronic aids etc would never help me, I said I never go riding on the street thinking I have to rely on them, there is a big difference. I am the bottom line every time I ride, street or track. If I crash I am the 1st to admit if it's my fault and I don't go crying to mummy when it's not. And you seem to like capital letters so....BTWINCOTSI3MKOEC (by the way i've not crashed on the street in 3 million kilometres on every continent)

·
Registered
947 Posts
Man Up?
Sorry i thought that was widely known as Go Fuck Yourself!

BTW - couldn't care less what you think
Well you have pretty much proven that you have the maturity of a 12 year old. If you can't take some heat you should not post on a public forum.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts