MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was my big day in court...If you remember, I had been ticketed for "Travelling more than 200 feet in a shared left-hand turn lane", that is the dash-lined center lane in a city road, used to escape traffic while preparing to turn left...Here is the entire thread, with LOTS of good advice on how to approach contesting a ticket.

Busted by the CHP

Although I didn't go this route, IMO the best possible scenario was offered up by Archille, http://www.ticketassassin.com/ I will try his approach next time(?), knocking on wood.

Anyway, the officer used the wrong vehicle code (ALWAYS lookup the entire code, and understand it!), and the 200 feet seemed to me to be a tough judgement call, so I gave it a go. I stayed up late last night, calculated that at an average speed (from 45 to 0 mph) of 22.5 MPH, I could drive in that lane for about 6 seconds (33 feet/second), and I had this planned into my defense. I also used Google maps/Satelite to depict the scene, and printed up copies of my stills of the crimescene to depict officer POV, etc.

I was as prepared as the OJ defense team, and I marched in there this morning to clear my honest name...I was the third name called, and I think the Honorable Mrs. Judge was a little sweet on me... ;)

Judge: "Mr. Twoeleven?"
211: "What is it sweet-cheeks?"
Judge: "Mr. Twoeleven, the ticketing officer in your case is not present. All charges are dropped"
211: "Word. What are you doing after court, your Honoress?" :heart:

Ahhh, the fresh air of freedom never smelled so good. Glad I took the time to prepare, because all of my effort pretty much guaranteed he wouldn't show...Chicken.

Speed safely,

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Sweet. Count your blessings though, I doubt it would work out that way every time. I honestly think that quoting the wrong code would have been enough in this case though.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
twoeleven said:
Judge: "Mr. Twoeleven, the ticketing officer in your case is not present. All charges are dropped"
twoeleven

And was there a Krispy Kreme donut situated near the Courthouse?

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
acruhl said:
Sweet. Count your blessings though, I doubt it would work out that way every time. I honestly think that quoting the wrong code would have been enough in this case though.
I agree...Congrats on getting off :smoking:

This reminds me, I once went the route (long before google earth) and got some aerial maps from the lands dept in defense of a speed dangerous charge. It was nearly twenty years back and I was rolling down a very long steep hill that was lane divided (back then not even our main roads were divided...some still aren't including most of our highways).

It was 2 o'clock in the morning not a car in sight...including the police car tucked in the side street on the other side of the road.

I was (eventually) pulled over and after a warning :baddeal: I was told to be on my way :moped: and that was the end of it...no ticket :koolaid: , just a summons a couple of weeks later :cussing:

Anyway it was a 60kph zone and I was literally rolling down doing the hill at 102kph...just fast enough to be speed dangerous (40kph over the limit...I think it might even be as low as 30kph now???)

I had it all and marked out, there were no entry or exit points on this part of the road and it was indeed of of the safest streches of road in the country...I was pretty chuffed with myself and was convinced common sense would prevail. The judge barely glanced at my hard work, was not interested in what I had to say, he just glanced at me and in a deep disinterested tone mumbled 6months loss of license and AU$320 fine...plus court costs...next case please. :jsm: :stickpoke :nutkick: ... :laughing:

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Well done Griff, hell I bet you wanted him to show just to validate your preparedness!
One up for the good guys!

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
twoeleven said:
Today was my big day in court...If you remember, I had been ticketed for "Travelling more than 200 feet in a shared left-hand turn lane", that is the dash-lined center lane in a city road, used to escape traffic while preparing to turn left...Here is the entire thread, with LOTS of good advice on how to approach contesting a ticket.

Busted by the CHP

Although I didn't go this route, IMO the best possible scenario was offered up by Archille, http://www.ticketassassin.com/ I will try his approach next time(?), knocking on wood.

Anyway, the officer used the wrong vehicle code (ALWAYS lookup the entire code, and understand it!), and the 200 feet seemed to me to be a tough judgement call, so I gave it a go. I stayed up late last night, calculated that at an average speed (from 45 to 0 mph) of 22.5 MPH, I could drive in that lane for about 6 seconds (33 feet/second), and I had this planned into my defense. I also used Google maps/Satelite to depict the scene, and printed up copies of my stills of the crimescene to depict officer POV, etc.

I was as prepared as the OJ defense team, and I marched in there this morning to clear my honest name...I was the third name called, and I think the Honorable Mrs. Judge was a little sweet on me... ;)

Ahhh, the fresh air of freedom never smelled so good. Glad I took the time to prepare, because all of my effort pretty much guaranteed he wouldn't show...Chicken.

Speed safely,

Griff
twoeleven
ah......
Perry Mason lives
i am so glad for the outcome....
but, i am sorry that the judge couldn't have seen our INTELLIGENT FRIEND at work :)

well done, Griff
that is FANTASTIC

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Well done Griff, hell I bet you wanted him to show just to validate your preparedness!
One up for the good guys!

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
nice one dude!

·
Registered
922 Posts
Very sweet day in court. Hmm...Mrs. Judge administer any punishment outside of court? Slap on the wrist, or spanking maybe?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Im glad to hear all went well for you ... for others that live in cali .. especially LA, FIGHT EVERY TICKET YOU GET ... not because the cops are all richards, or that we are all innocent .. but for the simple way cali does business in the government ...with this example (but not limited to, this is just the most relevant to the thread)..in the mid 90s the city of LA made a prediction of how much revenue they might receiving through traffic violations (forget exactly how far in the future but it was at least 2 years)... with this prediction the state budgeted the money they THOUGHT they would get and spent it.... during that time we the motorists started to obey the laws more than in the past and at the end of the period it put the state in a deficit aprox 20% shy of their forecasted income....so .. WE WERE TAXED FOR THE DIFFERENCE !!!! ...THE PEOPLE THAT OBEYED MORE LAWS GOT TAXED FOR IT ... WTF???...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts