MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm near Chicago and we NEVER get to ride in February, EVER. Well, we've been having crazy 60-70 degree temps for the last 2 weeks. Also, we did get a ton of rain to wash all the road salt away before the nice weather. So, I decided to pull the cover off my Brutale and take it out. First off, it was sooooooo nice to be able to ride when we typically have a good 5 month hibernation from it. Secondly, I couldn't stop from wheeling it! First gear is too easy, so I like 2nd gear light clutch ups. The bike seriously just loves it. And it balances very easily too. I've had 20+ motorcycles, most of them liter sport bikes, and I'm pretty sure this is the best wheelie bike i've ever owned. My 2005 GSXR1000 might be a close second since that bike was very easy to wheelie too. I'm 6'4" so I always ride sit downs, and they just come so smooth on the Brutale. :f4:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL, well at least you know you have a bike suited perfectly for it!
I'm no professional stunter, but I do like to do wheelies quite often. I was hoping that would slow down as I get older, but I get better at them and can't quit

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Wheelies

I wish I could stop em >:)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,312 Posts
@Donsy...move some of that "counterbalance" forward....>:)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol, looking good! I'm happy you can get away with wheelies on the track. All the track day companies i've rode with will kick you off the track for the day if you pull intentional wheelies!

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
@Donsy...move some of that "counterbalance" forward....>:)
LMFAO, you know once you're over 6 foot, there's no room to move anything anywhere Chuck :crying::laugh:

Lol, looking good! I'm happy you can get away with wheelies on the track. All the track day companies i've rode with will kick you off the track for the day if you pull intentional wheelies!
It's racing not a track day or coaching mate, and it's not intentional (mostly), watch the video's, it does it aaalll the time, ever since I can remember 0:) Like Chuck said, it's the fat bastard counterweight. :crying::laugh:

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
im horrid at wheelies, i grew up on the back wheel on dirt, can wheelie the fuck outa a pushbike, but when it comes to road i just cannot do it, fear and nervs i thinks but anyways.... on the topic, does the mv tc stop wheelies to a degree?

cheers

red

·
Registered
465 Posts
im horrid at wheelies, i grew up on the back wheel on dirt, can wheelie the fuck outa a pushbike, but when it comes to road i just cannot do it, fear and nervs i thinks but anyways.... on the topic, does the mv tc stop wheelies to a degree?

cheers

red
TC and wheelie control are generally two sepeate systems. All tc cares about is rear wheel slippage

·
Registered
40 Posts
^^^ ah rightt, thought id read somewhere it measures speed both front and rear wheels and adjusts accordingly. likley wrong though, thanks!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
See i'm the opposite. I cannot wheelie a bicycle for the life of me, usually wind up flipping it or at most get 3-4 crank rotations then come down hard.
I usually have my TC set at 5 and it doesn't effect wheelies at all. As a matter of fact, one of my other favorite things to do is power slide out of corners and the Brutale RR is great at that as well. There's a fine line between sliding the rear out of a corner and lifting the front tire out of a corner. I just have a blast riding this bike. I'm DYING to get it onto a track. It's been 6 years since my last track day and I'm hoping to get one in this summer

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No,the 1078 is the best wheelie bike,LOL

Actually the KTM 1290 is pretty good
I was actually going to buy a 1290 KTM when I saw my Brutale on the showroom floor. I'm sooooo happy with my choice. The deciding factor was purely looks. I'm a big KTM fan, but I know in 5 years or so, the styling on the 1290 will be very dated looking. Where as the Brutale is going to look amazing forever. I remember seeing a brand new Brutale at the dealership in 2006 and I fell in love immediately. My heart was broken as soon as I sat on the bike and found out a 6'4" body simply doesn't fit the bike at all. I still think that bike is just as beautiful 11 years later. You can imagine my shock when I sat on the 1090 at the dealership to find that there was plenty of room for me. So, I just had to have it and i'm sooooo glad I got it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Could not agree more my friend! Took out the bike this weekend after a long hibernation and yes same effect. Just could not stop wheelie'ing my Brutale 1090 - 2nd and 3 rd gear high speed roll ons. On a separate note towing with the idea of purchasing the KTM 1290. The torque on that twin is more insane I hear - 4th gear power wheelie :)

·
Registered
392 Posts
I get a dopamine rush thinking about power wheelies. I do not do long balance wheelies on my KTM EXC or TVL, but powering on the TVL through first, second and into third dropping the wheel, is a blast.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts