• No

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guess mine is pretty normal for a Brutale 1078? .. just not used to it being worse than my old Busa with a 1340cc engine.. lol

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
My 910R gets that kind of mileage in the city, don't think I ever got much more than 30 mpg on the highway. It came with a Power Commander and I should take it in one day to see how the AFR is and see if it can be improved.

·
Registered
540 Posts
My 2015 1090RR does about 30 UK MPG under varied road use, some cruising, but often using all the revs through a few gears. Usually get the light come on about 120-130 miles and can get another 20-30 easy enough

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does anyone buy a MV for good gas mileage? :)
true.. :smile2:. just not used to seeing so bad numbers for a bike, especially when my fren laughing at me with his Honda NCX750 getting 3 times better consumption then mine.. haha

·
Administrator
19,860 Posts
true.. :smile2:. just not used to seeing so bad numbers for a bike, especially when my fren laughing at me with his Honda NCX750 getting 3 times better consumption then mine.. haha
When he starts to laugh remind him of what he is riding :loser: ....... then start laughing yourself.

I average around 30~35 US MPG on my 910R .... Not on the track of course. There it is more like 15. :p

Since the SPR is never on anything but a track I don't even pay attention. Add gas, twist throttle, rest, add gas, twist throttle, rest. Repeat. :f4:

·
Registered
14,504 Posts
?

3 of my bikes tested......at a steady 85mph they all get 37mpg (6.36 L/100km)
'02 BMW R1150GS, '04 Aprilia RSVR and '08 MV Brutale 910R
My Brutale gets 19mpg around town and smells like it>:)
They're all fool injected :grin2:

My '72 BMW R-75/5 at a steady 115mph (flogged up and down the E4 Autobahn for 3+ years)
It got 57mpg (4.12 L/100km)
It had carburetors ......they sense manifold pressure :grin2:

Here's what real fuel injection does......2150hp racing, 11mpg towing a trailer on the street
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/29-lees-kitchen-sink/235570-fastest-street-car-america.html

My '62 Abarth 982cc race car gets 40+mpg with twin Weber 40mm carbs and no vacuum to the distributor
Makes [email protected],500rpm totally detuned......run the BMEP numbers on it versus a CC with 200hp

>:)>:)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
even though fuel consumption is the worst of all the bikes i've owned, its one of my favourites.. its also the only one where i get pedestrians giving me the thumbs up while they crossing at stop lights.. couple times already.. hahaha

and i don't think there's a more awesome sounding stock exhaust.. it just rocks.. :grin2:

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Mine , with Pc5 ,race Ecu and Dyno ,decate with standard pipes ,full tank =220 km to fuel warning light . before all this it was a guzzler

cheers Eddy

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mine , with Pc5 ,race Ecu and Dyno ,decate with standard pipes ,full tank =220 km to fuel warning light . before all this it was a guzzler

cheers Eddy
Nice.. i just might go with the PC5 too.. i get warning light around 165km

1 - 13 of 13 Posts