MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Using high bightness LEDs for the rear. Each blinker side uses 3 x 20000mcd 10mm high brightness orange LEDS.

LEDs are very directional and focus, so using a light defuser, the light generated by LEDs becomes spread out and defused.

Notice that the blinkers are brighter than the rear brake lights (switched ON).

The orginal flasher was changed to a Narva LED flasher relay, purchase from Repco. $21.00 AUD. Narva Part Number 68249BL (square shape).

All up the cost of the price is about $30.00

·
Registered
604 Posts
Minime, that is sharp install and looks clean.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
looks very good... :yo: :eek: :yo:

Do you have more details?

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Forgot to add my number plate with clear 5mm LED to light her up.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Beauty - and a good call with the diffuser. Looks sharp.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
looks killer......

just wondering if those vents are functional though to keep the ECU cooler...Blocking them may cause a prob???

·
Registered
144 Posts
I was going to do that with my led blinkers too but, The only way to mount them would have been double sided tape and i thought it would be cheesy. You can make brackets if you have a bi-posto. The mono-posto has the computer in the way so you cant make brackets!

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My final version is using 2 high bright LEDs as 3 LEDs are way too bright, and lights up the duck tail at night, which looks weird.

2 high bright LEDs is still much brighter than the stop lights.

Steptoe said:
Some 50000mcd Amber LED's here on ebay.

So would that me you'd only need one of these for roughly the same brightness?

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The light defuser is held in place with marine grade silicon, so they don't do damage to the plastic. Silicon is flexible and is easily removed when you want the bike back to standard.

The LEDs are mounted using a simple L-bracket mounted where the exhaust hangers allen key bolts are next to the ECU.

Pretty simple, eh.

NOMOEVO said:
I was going to do that with my led blinkers too but, The only way to mount them would have been double sided tape and i thought it would be cheesy. You can make brackets if you have a bi-posto. The mono-posto has the computer in the way so you cant make brackets!

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here you go, blinker mods and bracket.

everything is reversible, so no damage is done to any plastic parts etc.

Keep the project nice and simple and it will look like a pro jobbie.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We got a ton of LEDs in our office so I just used what we had. I think you can pick them up at Jaycar or Farnell.

We should meet up one day at the Royal National Park (para gliders) or Kangaroo valley way.

Steptoe said:
Some 50000mcd Amber LED's here on ebay.

So would that me you'd only need one of these for roughly the same brightness?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts