MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's good to see so many MV owners with a soft spot for old warbirds,I had the pleasure of been the chief fire officer at my local aerodrome for 25 yrs and during this time had the opportunity to fly and to fly in some fantastic aircraft,around 18yrs ago I became Good friends with a local business man called Paul Morgan(the mor out of ilmor engineering),His first aircraft after gaining his PPL was a chipmunk (G-BBMV) closely followed by a Harvard (G-DDMV) he went on to add a P51 Mustang G-SUSY which starred in the Memphis belle film, a Sea Fury G-EEMV and also a Corsair G-CCMV (the link in the registrations is there all bra sizes) he sure made Sywell aerodrome a great place to work & I had the pleasure to fly in all of these aircraft and get paid for the pleasure(perks of the job) unfortunately Paul lost his life in a landing accident at Sywell whilst flying his sea fury but the memories I have of the time will remain with me forever,200 ft at 280 kts over the wash in a 6 g turn in the p51,loosing 9000 ft doing a loop in the Sea Fury,attacking a mate flying his tiger moth whilst I was in control of the Harvard,no contest,hope you enjoyed my trip down my own memory lane,****.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll see what I can do,I've not read the story Donsy but would love to,I know Paul brought susy from Charles church's widow after he was killed flying a spitfire and Paul had it resprayed silver in memory or the Tuscan airman,after Paul died his whole collection was sold,susy was sold to Taff smith a well known display pilot in the UK,she now resides in Germany which is ironic and is owned by a Swiss guy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts