MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a used bellypan from a fellow member last week. Got it painted gloss black and clearcoated. I was not entirely sure how the bellypan would look on my tangerine/black Brut before I installed it. Looking at it now, I actually like it alot. Install was easy. The engine case side did leak a couple drops of oil when I removed the bottom bolt to install the bellypan bracket but other than that no issues.

The gloss black probably will not last long being so close to the front wheel. :) But I figure I'll be painting it once a year anyway.

Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
It looks very, good job. You know what could make the orange stand out? To color the engine case in black like the new brutales. That could me make it look vey nice, but I think that is a big projecto to do.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks very, good job. You know what could make the orange stand out? To color the engine case in black like the new brutales. That could me make it look vey nice, but I think that is a big projecto to do.

Thanks for the suggestion. Funny thing is, I was sort of thinking along the same lines. The engine case is a logical focal point and it makes sense to do something to it. :)

Mike

·
Registered
177 Posts
Nice against the orange. :)

I have the same on my Brutale,

I have found that on the right hand side of the bike the paint is starting to bubble where the belly pan is nearest the down pipes, be interested to know if yours does the same after a while.
:)

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I have found that on the right hand side of the bike the paint is starting to bubble where the belly pan is nearest the down pipes, be interested to know if yours does the same after a while.
La Case,

I like that red color accent on the "bulge" portion of the bellypan. Nice way to capture color elements throughout the bike. :) Very cool.

Mike

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
they look very nice guys - I do remember another member did have a real issue with crap being thrown into it by the front wheel....but then the F4's would have the same problem I suppose?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Wow! I like the contrast of the Orange & gloss Black, very, very nice bike.
Those Arrows look awesome too, what difference do they actually make to the sound & performance?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow! I like the contrast of the Orange & gloss Black, very, very nice bike.
Those Arrows look awesome too, what difference do they actually make to the sound & performance?
Thanks.

Re Arrows slip-on exhaust: I would say the sound is throatier. Basically amplifies the stock sound. But it's not overly loud in my opinion. As for performance, I wouldnt say it makes a huge difference since it is just a slip-on.

MIke

·
Registered
327 Posts

Did you put some some heat resistent on the inside of it? I have not had any problems. I add some pics of my bellypan, allthough its not the same one.

Attachments

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Just realized I forgot to answer your question regarding paint bubbling. To be honest, I have not had it on the bike long enough to see it. I'm going on a longer ride this weekend. Will keep my eye on it to see if the same thing happens.

Mike

·
Registered
177 Posts
Did you put some some heat resistent on the inside of it? I have not had any problems. I add some pics of my bellypan, allthough its not the same one.
No, that is my next option, I have some matt black BBQ paint :laughing: somewhere in the back of the garage. If that works I will redo the whole pan this winter.
Ronald

·
Registered
153 Posts
Orange is killer.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Reskinned the seat

Here's a pic with a new seat. Bought the seat from a fellow member. He already had the seat cushion modified by Spencer(?) I believe. It looks stock but it is in fact much more comfortable. I didn't like the standard cheap looking vinyl so I took it to my local auto upholsterer and had it reskinned in auto interior black leather with the orange accent stiching. Not bad I think for $175 and 2 hour turnaround!

Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
I am usually not a big fan of belly pans on Brutales but this is the best looking one I have seen...by far!

Looks great!

Tim

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mike, which upholstery shop did you use? I might do something like that to my stock seat.
Richard,

It is "Ricardo's Auto Upholstery and Detail". It's about 10 - 15 minutes from my house. It's a dinky little hole in the wall shop. :laughing:

But he does excellent work and price is reasonable. I had my old Kawasaki seats reskinned as well. He says he gets a lot of motorcycle customers. And if he's not busy his turnaround time is very quick.

Mike

1 - 20 of 26 Posts