MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my name is Raymond, I'm new on here. I just recently purchased a new SC Exhaust for my bike, because it didn't come with one like supposed too, since I got a great deal on the bike and I think it was set up Euro 4 compliant here in California. So I went to put on the new exhaust, which sounds sweet, the bike would stall when cold, letting me know the it's not happy, because of a lot less back pressure, since the cat was no longer on there. I tried looking into getting a piggy back system, so I can have the bike tuned, but nobody makes one it seems for this year bike and I'm not sure if I can get the ECU reflashed with this set up to make this bike run right. Any suggestion please, would be greatly appreciated?

·
Registered
562 Posts
The RC Dragster comes with the option of a ‘RACING KIT’ with the SC Exhaust and dedicated ECU Map version

So I assume you need this Map from your dealer for it to run

·
Registered
983 Posts
Hello & welcome

Great choice of MV. Unfortunately these exhausts are not plug and play. I believe that work will be required on your ECU, to get it to run correctly.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Just get it mapped for the race-exhaust (RC specific) at a dealers place.
Also, I misunderstood this myself for my F3 RC. The SC exhaust that comes with the RC models is not removing the cat. The cat is in the collectors pipe, so unless you have changed that as well, it is still there.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Interesting. I have an SC coming for my Dragster.
I was told 100% it is plug n play. It removes that big box at the back but not the first CAT and therefore the bike will 'learn' the new setup.

·
Administrator
20,348 Posts
Welcome to the family @REM !! Congrats on the new MV RC...too bad you didn't get the box full of goodies, but I guess that is why you got the discounted price. With a "full system" exhaust (headers to tail pipe) and no catalytic converter you will need a new map.
Check out ECU Studio...they are a forum sponsor, too.
I believe the RC "goodies" box includes a different ECU with a map for the full system in the box (off highway use only).
Where are you in California? Please add that info to your profile.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Welcome to the family @REM !! Congrats on the new MV RC...too bad you didn't get the box full of goodies, but I guess that is why you got the discounted price. With a "full system" exhaust (headers to tail pipe) and no catalytic converter you will need a new map.
Check out ECU Studio...they are a forum sponsor, too.
I believe the RC "goodies" box includes a different ECU with a map for the full system in the box (off highway use only).
Where are you in California? Please add that info to your profile.
I am not sure with the Dragster, but for the F3 RC, it is not a full system in the box, just a slip-on which reads "for race use only". I would guess the drastic change from the stock exhaust still warrants a different mapping for optimal run, even if it is not a full system.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for everyone's inputs on here about my problem. It given me some ideas on how to deal with this issue now, I'll let you know what I did to get it resolved.

·
Administrator
20,348 Posts
Regardless of your exhaust system, getting ECU Studio and custom mapping your bike will make a world of difference.
Forget piggy-back systems like Power Commanders. They are very limited and obsolete.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts