MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would add my 2 cents as to issues occurring with my bike. I would like to know if all these issues sound like they would be covered under warranty.

Thanks, everyone.

(This is an excerpt taken from an email I sent to the dealer):

1. Incorrect gear display - gear sensor needs to be changed
2. Bike stalling when clutch pulled in to come to a stop - needs throttles to be synced.
3. Check fuel map - ensure the new one is downloaded
4. Coolant spewing out of overflow hose even when coolant reservoir is empty (not overflowing).
- The coolant actually just pours out of the hose even though there is probably not enough coolant going through the system, it's still pouring out. Have to top up the coolant every month.
5. Horn only works when steering column is turned left - probably a wiring issue
6. Starting problems. Sometimes it takes 2-3 tries to get the bike started - there is a known issue with the standard battery. Perhaps battery replacement is necessary?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Just thought I would add my 2 cents as to issues occurring with my bike. I would like to know if all these issues sound like they would be covered under warranty.

Thanks, everyone.

(This is an excerpt taken from an email I sent to the dealer):

1. Incorrect gear display - gear sensor needs to be changed
2. Bike stalling when clutch pulled in to come to a stop - needs throttles to be synced.
3. Check fuel map - ensure the new one is downloaded
4. Coolant spewing out of overflow hose even when coolant reservoir is empty (not overflowing).
- The coolant actually just pours out of the hose even though there is probably not enough coolant going through the system, it's still pouring out. Have to top up the coolant every month.
5. Horn only works when steering column is turned left - probably a wiring issue
6. Starting problems. Sometimes it takes 2-3 tries to get the bike started - there is a known issue with the standard battery. Perhaps battery replacement is necessary?
Yo Happy, who you talking to at which shop, Carmine at Dukes?
All should be covered but...

If #4 takes more than 15 minutes to correct they'll want to get confirmation that they'll get paid to diagnose the problem plus whatever fix it takes. (Might be as simple as a loose or non functioning rad cap.)

#5 Horn wires often just pop off or come part way out of the connector causing it to be intermittent . Do a visual check.

#6 Sounds like the battery is on the way out. Good luck getting anyone to cover that cost.

·
Registered
947 Posts
It sounds like MV Canada is the main problem for you guys. They seem unwilling or unable to provide proper support. I had my battery, tank, seat, and other stuff done under warranty with not a single problem thru my dealer. While I would have preferred not to have the issues at all both my dealer and MV USA have been no problem to deal with. About the only complaint I have is that it still takes way too long to get parts.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yo Happy, who you talking to at which shop, Carmine at Dukes?
All should be covered but...

If #4 takes more than 15 minutes to correct they'll want to get confirmation that they'll get paid to diagnose the problem plus whatever fix it takes. (Might be as simple as a loose or non functioning rad cap.)

#5 Horn wires often just pop off or come part way out of the connector causing it to be intermittent . Do a visual check.

#6 Sounds like the battery is on the way out. Good luck getting anyone to cover that cost.
Hey Stephen,
I went to Carm in July to do the 6K service...and I'm never going back. Worst. Experience. Ever.

That email was sent to Ryan at Sturgess. I would rather ride 2 hours to Hamilton and back than go to Dukes.

Last night I also found out that my bike's original warranty expired last month and now I'm under extended warranty by a third party. We'll see how much they will cover.

Thanks for all your inputs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts