1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
281 Posts
I was invoiced 4 hours and this involved (according to service) installation and a tuning process. That said, my bike is stalling at idle... Your mileage may vary... JamesC has offered an attempt to work some magic if I can get up to his domain, this weekend....

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SteveC said:
I was invoiced 4 hours and this involved (according to service) installation and a tuning process. That said, my bike is stalling at idle... Your mileage may vary... JamesC has offered an attempt to work some magic if I can get up to his domain, this weekend....
what?
4 hours
that is freakin' ridiculous (and i'm sure my dealer will do the same)
$300.00 to install the system?
and i'll STILL have to find someone to dyno my bike when all is said and done?

not happy about this

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
281 Posts
spalding12 said:
what?
4 hours
that is freakin' ridiculous (and i'm sure my dealer will do the same)
$300.00 to install the system?
and i'll STILL have to find someone to dyno my bike when all is said and done?

not happy about this
Welcome to life in a food chain.... :)

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
They need to set the CO level and tps. Simple if they have a gas analyser.(they use a trim pot inside the computer next to the chip.) If They don't reset the CO level, expect your gas mileage to plummet!!! Chip adds plenty of fuel.

Stalling is mostly bad TB synch.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SteveC said:
Welcome to life in a food chain.... :)
i've owned BMWs for 15 years...
i know ALL about taking up the rear end in the service bay
but....
4 hours seems ridiculous when NOTHING is done to fix the fuel injection snafu

why put it on the computer at all...
it just seems like a way for the service folks to rape you a bit during the install

afterall...
if there is no pc iii and no dyno.... a computer connection won't do crap

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
281 Posts
spalding12 said:
pretty soon it'll be CHEAPER for me to ship my bike to and from JOHN/airfuel to be tuned than it will be to have my dealer install the 1/2 system

maybe i'll do JUST THAT
I guess you have never taken your child to see a Pediatrician! ;-)

·
Registered
822 Posts
SteveC said:
I guess you have never taken your child to see a Pediatrician! ;-)

Ba ba ba BOOM! Thats was funny.

Greg, RELAX! If you wanna save a few dollars, install the pipes yourself, there is nothing to it. The most difficult part is putting hte springs back on that hold the whole mess together. I got lucky and will have my throttle bodies sync'd and computer levels reset at my 600mi service, ala' 2 birds w/one stone.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Some Guy said:
Ba ba ba BOOM! Thats was funny.

Greg, RELAX! If you wanna save a few dollars, install the pipes yourself, there is nothing to it. The most difficult part is putting hte springs back on that hold the whole mess together. I got lucky and will have my throttle bodies sync'd and computer levels reset at my 600mi service, ala' 2 birds w/one stone.
i think you are COMPLETELY right about this
4 hours of install time
this might be the biggest insult to me of all time

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Oh damn...when I read 4 hours, I was thinking "meh...chaulk it up to dyno tuning time...." but after I read there was no PC3 AND no dyno'ing...wtf could they possibly be doing to WARRANT 4 hours?????

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
4hrs is one thing but 4hrs and it still stalling is alltogether different!

Greg, the only thing they can see on their 'computer' on a 910R is the throttle positions sensor position. They can do no tuning without an analyzer and/or dyno. You will need your CO% adjusted and maybe throttle bodies done. I could see them charging 4hrs for an install AND tune but it better be fuelling perfectly after all that time spent!!

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
JamesC said:

Greg, the only thing they can see on their 'computer' on a 910R is the throttle positions sensor position. They can do no tuning without an analyzer and/or dyno. You will need your CO% adjusted and maybe throttle bodies done. I could see them charging 4hrs for an install AND tune but it better be fuelling perfectly after all that time spent!!
that's exactly what i thought, james
they have no dyno and i have no pc iii...
so, IF they can really tune the bike on that computer i'll be thankful... and amazed

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
JamesC said:

Interestingly James, both my 750 and 1000S used to stall from time to time even when set right, the 1000S responded well to the NGK iridium plugs and probably stalled twice in 9000 miles, so we are not talking a major problem here, however my 1000R has never stalled at all, maybe the new injection? It is now fully sequential whereas the old 16M used to inject every cylinder every revolution. :)

·
Registered
503 Posts
My exhaust came in today. I'm planning to install it this weekend. I just tuned the bike about 400 miles ago but I'll go through everything again and of course reset the CO%. I expect to spend at least 4 hours on this.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 32 Posts