MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I made my deal, paid my money, and now I'm waiting for my brand spankin new 2010 black F4 to be set-up so I can take delivery of her (in about 1 week .... I hope).

I am a very very happy camper indeed!

I searched around and did not come across anything so .....

Does anyone on the forum know of any stickies or threads that has a checklist or describes issues, concerns, items of interest a new F4 owner would be interested in?

I'm looking for the kind of stuff y'all have already been through that someone like me would find extremely important to review. Things I could look at right after taking delivery and maybe prevent me from going through any heartache .....

Thanks for any input .......

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
If I remember right:

Subframe
Heatshields

Other's can add to this at will

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
and congrats by the way. I'm sure you'll love it.

·
Registered
643 Posts
you might ask about the heat sheilds, but i'm sure everything else will have been fixed before you get it. It's only the issues that come out after you buy the bike that require you to bring it back. I have had no issues with mine and it's running like a champ. Congrats and Enjoy. Post up pics when you get it.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
congrats....you will love it!

As far as recalls:

airbox bolts or something to that effect on very early models (I think they are all fixed now)

Side panel heat shield replacement

Spring replacement in the shift mechanism

Subframe support bracket

There was also something to do with anchoring a wire or something so It doesn't rub on the frame, but I don't really know the details on that one.

All pretty minor.

Only other things to consider:

Get new rearsets that are adjustable....the stock ones suck

Paint protection film is a good idea (tank slappers makes the cheapest one)

The exhaust heat shield bolts like to fall out from vibrations (the one by your right leg). Use some locktite or just buy an RG4 full exhaust (which doesn't use that shield at all)

I think that is most of it.....it is an awesome bike and you will love it!

And....you chose the best color!!!:f4:

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
If you don't carry the tool kit, take the fuses out of the kit and put them in the spare fuse spaces in the fuse box (where they should have been in the first place).
The bikes don't like to get wet. My instrument cluster and headlight fog up when ridden in heavy rain and then a fuse blows.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
congrats....you will love it!

As far as recalls:

airbox bolts or something to that effect on very early models (I think they are all fixed now)

Side panel heat shield replacement

Spring replacement in the shift mechanism

Subframe support bracket

There was also something to do with anchoring a wire or something so It doesn't rub on the frame, but I don't really know the details on that one.

All pretty minor.

Only other things to consider:

Get new rearsets that are adjustable....the stock ones suck

Paint protection film is a good idea (tank slappers makes the cheapest one)

The exhaust heat shield bolts like to fall out from vibrations (the one by your right leg). Use some locktite or just buy an RG4 full exhaust (which doesn't use that shield at all)

I think that is most of it.....it is an awesome bike and you will love it!

And....you chose the best color!!!:f4:
Subframe bracket is hardly something minor..... That is a major flaw and the 'solution' is cheapish looking and very poorly executed....

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Subframe bracket is hardly something minor..... That is a major flaw and the 'solution' is cheapish looking and very poorly executed....

Is this an issue I should bring to the attention of the dealer prior to taking delivery?

If this is a "major flaw" I would think that MV has addressed this and a resolution (fix) has been applied ..... true?

I don't want to go to the dealer asking about this not knowing what I'm taking about only to have them blow smoke up my ass and tell me there is nothing to be concerned about.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congrats , what color u got ? Make sure the PDI is complete. !!!
Color=BLACK

I understand, and it has been proven at the salt flats I believe, that BLACK is the fastest color.

WTF is PDI? (Sorry but I'm 1/2 Italian and I don't know all of the acronyms yet.)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Is this an issue I should bring to the attention of the dealer prior to taking delivery?

If this is a "major flaw" I would think that MV has addressed this and a resolution (fix) has been applied ..... true?

I don't want to go to the dealer asking about this not knowing what I'm taking about only to have them blow smoke up my ass and tell me there is nothing to be concerned about.
The dealer should be in the loop and have it done for you like it or not. Are you going to remove your passenger pegs? Really you won't notice it much if you don't.

There is a whole thread on Erik's and a few others discontent with the fix if you want more info on it. I personally don't really care too much.
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39845

Just keep your passenger pegs on or put some sato race hooks on in their place and you won't hardly notice it. Otherwise I guess you can fight with MV to try and get a new subframe and not the fix.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts