MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all. I've been lurking for a bit and only very recently started to post. I starting coming here to research a Brutale 1078RR and finally brought her home today. What a machine...so viceral! And this board rocks, as a resource and for just all-around bad-ass-ness. Anyways...glad to be here. Cheers!

Sorry the pic sucks (but I think we've all seen a stock 1078 before).

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Greetings all. I've been lurking for a bit and only very recently started to post. I starting coming here to research a Brutale 1078RR and finally brought her home today. What a machine...so viceral! And this board rocks, as a resource and for just all-around bad-ass-ness. Anyways...glad to be here. Cheers!

Sorry the pic sucks (but I think we've all seen a stock 1078 before).
Welcome dude! same color as mine. have fun

·
Super Moderator
2,591 Posts
Bloody star ! - good man and welcome to the family :)

·
Administrator
20,590 Posts
Congrats...and welcome to the community.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to all for your replies. Was able to get out on Sat and Sun and put on close to 300 miles through the local twisties. All I can say is WOW, what a machine!! For the last 2 years, I've been riding a 2007 Kawi ZX-10r and I can't think of one area where the Kawi outperforms. OK...maybe wind protection and top speed due to fairings.

Throttle is a bit twitchy at low RPM as I had heard/read about, but not too bad when revs are up. Brakes are outstanding and caught me off guard on a couple of occassions as the Kawi's brakes are known for needing an upgrade. What surprised me the most was the flickability of the Brutie versus the Kawi...it's hard for me to quantify this, but it makes me think my Kawi is setup like crap! All bikes I've ridden regularly have had reverse shift, so that goofed me up a couple of times, but new rearsets are on the way to fix that. Mirrors are CRAP.

Also noticed that the gearing is quite different. On the Kawi, I'd get roughly 10mph per each 1000rpm in second gear. On the Brutie, I get about the same 10mph/1000rpm, but in third gear instead. I realize the trade off of top-speed & mpg for acceleration, and so far don't have an issue with this as I didn't buy this beast for fuel economy (nor it's top speed). Put in roughly 4 gallons on two occassions and getting about 25ish mpg so far.

Finally, had a run-in with CHP, but luckily it was at the rest stop at the top of Mt Palomar and the officer was just jockin' my ride...no citation. He's was pretty cool in stating that he wants us (riders) to have fun and enjoy ourselves, but to stay safe.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Might worth checking on your suspension settings as delivered. For some reason when I bought mine new the comp / rebound were all way soft and the bike was quite wallowy. Put them all back to stock as described in the manual ans set sag and now its like a different bike. Still quite acceptable in terms of ride quality but much more controlled on uneven surfaced sweepers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts