MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 04 750 since 05, like it a lot but it rides like a rock, the stock shock was the blue spring (on one post someone said that the yellow/later sprung shock was softer...but the next post said the opposite), I swapped the blue spring for an Ohlins spring (on my showa shock) that was supposed to be a lighter spring rate (felt like guess work cause we didn't know the rate on the blue one) from Dan Kyle racing. Still very stiff.

I have a 2013GS and an 08 hypermotard 1100S that are so much smoother to ride. I just want it to be reasonably softer....I know its a hard seat but if the road is rough at all in the curves I have to slow way down. I've tried every possible suspension adjustment from one end to the other and back to the suggested setting in the manual, forks aren't bad. I'm 155lb....

I would enjoy the bike a lot more with a softer ride....ideas?

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
After 10 years, maybe you need to have the shock replaced and the forks serviced. All MVs ride stiff, your motard and gs will always be softer.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
shock

Thanks for the input, I don't expect it to ride like my GS but I do need to improve it some. Does someone sell an Ohlins that's set up well for a Brutale?

·
Registered
966 Posts
You can also try a Nitron, I`ve got one and it is great but also what damping settings are you running on the stock suspension , have you tried playing with them ? a new shock without new oil in the forks is only half a job at best.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
+ 1 on the Nitron rear shock ,set up correctly is just as good as an ohlins ,the front needs a bit more work . but can be softened . you are obviously getting kicked in the guts.

cheers eddy

·
Registered
145 Posts
Get springs for your weight..

I'm 155lb....

I would enjoy the bike a lot more with a softer ride....ideas?
You definitely need different springs at both ends for what you weigh. Do you know what your ohlins spring is rated for? I'd say a stock brutale spring is best suited for riders between 180-190lbs. Easy enough to order springs for your weight if you don't want to spend the extra money on a whole new set up. I believe nitron is setting up here in the USA now, or should be soon, so it should be easier to get support. I believe Kyle Racing sells Ohlins springs as well if you wanted to go that route.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts