MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Early next month at the Milan show, MV will introduce 2 new models. First a 675 supersport triple (ala Triumph) and a 500cc single cylinder sport bike.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Catchart reported the triple to be a 2009 model. I guess sometime in 2008 we will be seeing MV dealers with those machines. But they will have the audience salivating in Milan I guess.

·
Registered
307 Posts
is the 500 single cylinder the same as mito 500 concept? i want 1!

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
more interesting poll would be what's most important about these new bikes.

performance
looks/style
engineering/fit/finish
price

bet i know the answer to that one. :stickpoke: i really think people want to see the next visual creation from Tamburini. sure, wouldn't want to be dusted by the daytona, but face it...looks sell MV's.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
I think it would be very hard for an MV triple to dust a Daytona right off the bat. But its an MV!!! The sound the looks and its Italian! Cant go wrong :p

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Okay, pardon my ignorance but the purpose of a single cylinder engine would be for a dirt bike or supermotard? And would it be a 2 stroke?

I'm just not sure what's the appeal of a single aside from some collector wanting a single, twin, triple, four, six (Gold Wing), and eight (Boss Hoss). :) Some call Volvo -we need a five to make a complete set.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Single (4-stroke) = Light-weight, tractable power. ala the Ducati Supermono.

Basically, it's like a fun, flickable Mito 2-stroke, but more reliable.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:
:) Some call Volvo -we need a five to make a complete set.
Didn't Honda make a V5?

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
fazer6 said:
Single (4-stroke) = Light-weight, tractable power. ala the Ducati Supermono.

Basically, it's like a fun, flickable Mito 2-stroke, but more reliable.

This and its just that much more different that the rest.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Randarosa said:
Didn't Honda make a V5?

I BELIEVE you are talking about Honda's former GP bike, the RC211V, which was 990cc. It was a V-configuration, with two cylinders in one bank and three on the other.

Their current GP bike is the RC212V, also a V-configuration and is 800cc. This displacement decrease was due to the rule changes, obviously.

Don't quote me on that, though!

Tim

·
Registered
922 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:
Okay, pardon my ignorance but the purpose of a single cylinder engine would be for a dirt bike or supermotard?
Possibly a light, powerful race bike ala Ducati Supermono. Power to weight ratio is the key to this baby. Cant wait to see what MV had got for us -- styling and engineering has got to be good or else...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts