MV Agusta Forum banner

MV's at the Dragon 2007

  • May 2nd-6th

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • May 16th-20th

    Votes: 7 38.9%
  • May 30th-June 3rd

    Votes: 7 38.9%

  • Total voters
    18
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,562 Posts
Can you add June 8-12, please
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,562 Posts
So far it seems pretty fragmented....not good!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Poll to close in another 2 days.

The 2 top choices will be in a run-off.

We will not be using Florida ballots. :jerkoff:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,331 Posts
not sure if there is a way to find out but make sure before you pick a date there is no rally's going on during the weekend you want. A shitload of harleys or sports cars rippin through the dragon can make for a shitty week.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,291 Posts
ks9mm said:
man... i can't plan for that far ahead...
+1

I think what I'll do though, is just mark whatever date get's the win, and make sure I get that spread off....

My only ecuse would be not having a ride ro trailer it up there, as I sure as hell ain't riding up there...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,255 Posts
Matty said:
not sure if there is a way to find out but make sure before you pick a date there is no rally's going on during the weekend you want. A shitload of harleys or sports cars rippin through the dragon can make for a shitty week.
+1

besides, i think that the closer the dates approach, the more the commitments will pour in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
279 Posts
Matty said:
not sure if there is a way to find out but make sure before you pick a date there is no rally's going on during the weekend you want. A shitload of harleys or sports cars rippin through the dragon can make for a shitty week.
Good point....Pirate may have some wisdom on this...it's his back yard plus he always has some advance knowledge of this stuff....
 

·
Pimp of posts
Joined
·
6,301 Posts
Matty said:
not sure if there is a way to find out but make sure before you pick a date there is no rally's going on during the weekend you want. A shitload of harleys or sports cars rippin through the dragon can make for a shitty week.

this is hard.....
because you don't think that WE are the ONLY ONES who know when the OPTIMUM week for weather there is... do you?
these roads are JAMMED FULL of 2 and 4-wheeled vehicles most "desirable" weeks of the spring.

the answer....
1. ride during weekdays
2. keep OFF the "main" roads... i.e., AVOID THE DRAGON... except for a "parade lap"
3. understand going in that THE SCENERY is as important as riding at some high rate of speed



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
spalding12 said:
this is hard.....
because you don't think that WE are the ONLY ONES who know when the OPTIMUM week for weather there is... do you?
these roads are JAMMED FULL of 2 and 4-wheeled vehicles most "desirable" weeks of the spring.

the answer....
1. ride during weekdays
2. keep OFF the "main" roads... i.e., AVOID THE DRAGON... except for a "parade lap"
3. understand going in that THE SCENERY is as important as riding at some high rate of speed
Couldn't have said/typed it any better! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
It really does not matter which week as I live only 22 miles from Deals Gap. :) Pick one and I will be there. If there are any area questions, I might be able to answer a few.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
617 Posts
I will be moving to Maryville, TN, about 15 miles away on Oct. 31, 2006. I will be there whatever time you choose. Having just been there in my NSX last weekend, I can tell you that weekdays are ALWAYS less busy.

Either way, +1 for me. That is a long way off, though.

DYL-Jim, drop me a PM or something! We're practically neighbors! You're right at the base of the skyway, aren't you? That's a sweet spot.

Let's get together!

Brian
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,536 Posts
lets keep this thing going.... FWIW I took the liberty of doing some checking on the dates.....2007 dates are not yet up.
here is the response to my email inquiry..original inquiry below.
Also...as long as we have enough lodging I think the roads will be fine.....limit gap runs to early moring only....I've hit it as late as 9 am and had little to no traffic at all. When we go, we usually do a early fun for the early risers and group up the slackers around 9 am for the rest of the day out of the area.



Lewis:

We will be posting the 2007 Calendar soon. Watch-out for the Mini Coopers (1st week-end in May???), Z-Cars (3rd weekend???), and Suburus (last weekend). These dates are all subject to changes by the groups themselves. You might want to explore their forums/websites. See 2006 Calendar links.

Ron and Nancy Johnson
www.TailoftheDragon.com
3094 Santeetlah Road
Robbinsville, NC 28771
1-800-768-7129



Lewis Dunn wrote:
>
> Greetings,
>
> Any big events planned for May 2007…..We have a possible May event but
> have not set a date yet…trying to stay away from any large auto event
> or cruiser bike event.
>
> If you know of any yet, please let me know. Thanks
>
> Also…when do you anticipate posting a 2007 calender.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Lewis Dunn
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well we have 2 dates that are dead even at 7 votes a piece.

Typically you will get a huge vote and then half will actually register and show.

We could extend this out to other Italian bikes.

A rally with 10 people would not be much of a rally.

Granted I don't think having a rally with several hundred is safe.

Should we open this up to some other forums?

Give me your thoughts.

I'm going out to the garage to read a bedtime story to the MV. :love:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
257 Posts
I will be showing up with a friend with a MV1000 so my vote is for two people. Not much but it helps. Looking forward to the ride.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,536 Posts
SOULRIDER said:
Well we have 2 dates that are dead even at 7 votes a piece.

Typically you will get a huge vote and then half will actually register and show.

We could extend this out to other Italian bikes.

A rally with 10 people would not be much of a rally.

Granted I don't think having a rally with several hundred is safe.

Should we open this up to some other forums?

Give me your thoughts.

I'm going out to the garage to read a bedtime story to the MV. :love:
I guess it all depends how you approach it....is it a "ralley" or a "get together". I think rally implies a large group with "organized" rides etc. I think if we just say..lets set a date and location, bring your MV and a buddy and lets have a good time...if your there great, if not, see you next year.
opening it up would be just fine as well....I know several of my club members would attend if they were given the notice. Here is a pic from one of our Gap events two years ago (did not take a pic of this years). BUt we keep it loose, split in smallish groups and have a ton of fun..
this is at Tapoco Lodge.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top