MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks - I've seen many folks on here who have particular skills lend a hand or generate media for the site. While talking about track days in another thread I had an idea. Let me know if this is something you guys would be interested in.

I work in the film/animation industry and have everything you need to edit a decent movie in my office at home. There's lots of Videos on here uploaded by our members. I thought it might be a fun project to gather some of the members favorite videos - from meets to track days and whatever good stuff we can get. You guys could suggest your favorite clips and i'll get to work cutting a short 3 - 5 minute member rider movie with some music. The more consistent and higher res the movie clips the better. Some shots of the bike being assembled and disassembled would be neat also.

Something else that might be cool - for an opener or something - does anyone have a CAD or any format 3d model of one of the bikes or have any idea where I would get one? There must be some Cal - Arts students that have studied this bike..

Anyway - it might take some time to get this project finished in the little spare time I have but if there's enough interest I think it would be a fun project.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
I like the idea a lot. I'm a vidiot, can't even take a picture with my cell phone, but I would buy a movie if you made one.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh I wouldn't sell it - It's all your guys videos. I'd just upload it to Vimeo and you guys can burn copies, watch it online or stream to your digital media viewer. If people want a dvd to put on their shelves we could make a cover for people to print and put in a sleeve.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Very generous of you to do that, I too would even pay to see it. I hope the members can conjure up some nice footage, sadly i can't contribute...few months till i graduate and get on the MV owners bandwagon. Eagerly awaiting this possible movie tho!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
No worries! It's a fun project and I'd enjoy doing it. There's nothing work like about looking at videos of my favorite bikes.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Perhaps a good start might be by filming the upcoming June 13th MV Agusta So Cal Rider's meet?

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea, that sounds like a great place to start. The more people who can bring a camera along the better! good place to get some shots of an MV train too..

·
Living the Dream
2,758 Posts
I am hitting the track this wednesday, i will make sure to get some good on-track footage. I think it would be a nice thing to have something that is put together by someone that knows what they are doing! Thanks for offering!

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Yea it would be pretty cool, though like others I do not really have much in the way to contribute. No video camera = no video

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice Camera Crypt and I look forward to seeing greens track footage. I'll dig through the archives here and see what else I can dig up. I'm sure as the summer goes on we can accumulate additional footage.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts