MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

Thought I'd start the thread about the annual Southern California meetup now that people have started discussing the possibilities. Open to suggestions. Last year it was in August, starting at Cars & Coffee Irvine where we had an entire section for us blocked off. Thanks to those who helped plan (you know who you are). Now another year is upon us!..

Many of you have been on this ride many years now. Would love to hear thoughts and feelings regarding the different routes we have done. We've done Malibu twice, Angeles Crest several times, and C&C -> Ortega -> Palomar last year. With last years route, we hit traffic on the 15 (well, frankly it was only me in the chase vehicle...). We hit our times, but it was indeed long. Great roads, though.

Thoughts?
Alvin

·
Registered
661 Posts
In. But maybe I drive my Duc

·
Registered
263 Posts
As usual if I'm in the US, I'm in!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Idyllwild is a great ride to a great little mountain town. It’s a fun destination for walking through town. You can come over Ortega Highway again (74) and stay on 74 through Hemet. The road gets twisty and you take 243 to Idyllwild for lunch. After lunch, you stay on 243 down the other side of the mountain to the I-10 in Banning. Go west on the I-10 to highway 79 back into Hemet where you take 74 back over Ortega Highway.

Another option on getting to Idyllwild is to come down the I-15 after coming over Ortega Highway and taking 79 South (Temecula Parkway) out to 371 through the Anza Valley to 74, to 243, and on up to Idyllwild. With that route, there is a fun way to get to 371 from 79 via Sage Road and Wilson Valley road.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm in... if my freakin Sprag Clutch for my brand new Dragster ever arrives!!!

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I am down for Northern CA ride this year, I think MV ride too much Southern CA for the last few year, why not ride Northern CA route? Who are with me??????????????

·
Registered
661 Posts
I'm surprised there is not a separate one for Norcal. beautiful country San Fran and North all the way up to Shasta.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Alvin why not set up a international MV day where a date is penciled in every year and MV riders meet up at this same date around the world
just a thought.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Here's food for thought, September, Northward, 2-3 days? Just an idea, not trying to hijack.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts