MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone,

Thought I'd get the ball rolling and start the thread.

I'm looking at June 2010 again. Last year we happened to have the only weekend of rain ever which killed our mountain ride up Angeles Crest but we definitely had a splendid event with nearly 50 MVs gathering together on Rodeo Dr.

This year I want to stay on the coast side of things and do something similar to the first year. Caravans up the PCH with meeting points like the Santa Monica beach parking lot, Malibu Coffee Bean, and onwards. Then as a group ride together to some food destination for pictures, meet, etc.

Then we can ride through the malibu mountains for the remainder of the afternoon, maybe set a time for hitting the Rock Store or something for more photos.

Let me know. Looking for suggestions on a place to eat. We can try to arrange some sort of thing there if someone has contacts to get parking and whatnot.

Thoughts?

Looking for restaurant ideas along / around PCH between Santa Monica and Malibu!

Also not sure who'd like to ride from Norcal to Socal... ? We can start organizing group rides.

Hitup the usual, 101 -> 58 -> 33 -> 101 coming down, and 101 -> 1 and the coast all the way up

Added notes as of 5/22
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showpost.php?p=352531&postcount=56

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
I'd love to make it, but alas I have too much shit going on. Leaving for St. John Saturday, World Superbike weekend end of may, MotoGP in July. Unless I want to play the leading role in "the Burning Bed" remake, I'm out. Enjoy and post lots of pics again.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
We will start in the bay area somewhere depending on who's in. Most likely meet as we go. Hopefully we can muster up some people. JULIO? Richard? Others?

Most likely the meet will be mid/late June for sure. thinking the 19th

Friday head down and start early -- get in late afternoon in time for dinner. Saturday is the meet. Sunday leave early and head up. Route to be determined.

Before when we did it, it was 101 -> 58 -> 33 ojai -> 101 to LA

Coming up was 101 -> San luis obispo -> 1 all the way up along the coast through big sur. Eat at nepenthe and cut across from Monterey to 101

·
Not very lucky..
1,431 Posts
Let's do this!!! :brutale: :brutale:

I'm in for the ride down. :moped: :drummer:

What is the route going to be? I need to book a hotel room, so if we're riding in a different area than other years we probably need to find a different hotel as well.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Let me know what hotel you come up with. I'm in!

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Santa Monica area or somewhere on the west side will probably be best. I'll ask around or check stuff out :)

Nice, looks like we have a nice ride coming together.

1) admin (alvin)
2) Darkside (Julio)
3) shiggedy
4) rickyleesurf (Richard)

Let's get this meet underway!

Julio, same route we did last last year? ... heard 58 has cops but who knows on a friday. We'll be careful

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
PS. Maybe leave an hour earlier from LA than the time before :)

We need more time to enjoy this coastline and shoot pics!! Also stretch much before you go ;)

·
Registered
604 Posts
Im in San Luis Obispo... if nothing else I will join up for the ride down and back up through SLO County, but if all possible Id like to join up for the SoCal ride. Will all depend on if the Brutale is legal by then.

58 has been innundated with cops lately, but so has all the roads here in SLO County. Which for the fixed wings and helicopters on the surrounding areas.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We'll take it easy through 58 and such... :)

Friday around noon through 58? Hopefully won't have too many cops.. can also see for miles but we won't take chances

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We need something on the west side along the coast/PCH, Malibu

Route is like the first year. Meet along the way from Santa Monica, to the Coffee Bean, up to wherever we're doing the meet and greet. Photo ops, brunch/lunch, etc.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm going to be briefly in LA this saturday to help with some family things. I'm going to scope out some places to see what may be good for hotel and restaurant along the PCH. Does anyone have any suggestions for either? Definitely need some restaurant ideas up in Malibu for us.

·
Not very lucky..
1,431 Posts
I say we do the same route on the way down...it was a lot of fun. I really DO NOT want to get a ticket, so I say no faster than 70-75 mph.

1 - 20 of 197 Posts