MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the mv warranty booklet contains the following statement:

Limitations: The guarantee expires in the following cases:
a) When the motorcycle is disassembled or repaired by shops that are outside official MV Agusta S.p.A Dealers' assistance network.

isn't that a violation of the Magnuson-Moss Act? specifially, the act prohibits "tie-in sales" provisions. that's where the manufacturer of a product forces you to use only company provided parts and services. this is explicitly prohibited under the act. u.s. law does allow for the manufacturer to make statements to the effect that if repairs and services are not performed according to specific instructions (improper repair & service) that the warranty can be voided.

from my understaing, a wavier for the "tie-in sales" provision can be obtained from the FTC, but wouldn't that waiver be explicitly stated in the warranty booklet.

anyone else find this a bit curious?

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Steptoe said:
Sue the Bastards! :cussing:

Seriously, I don't think that will stand up in any country. They need to prove that what you did/had done was cause of the failure.
LOL. Well, I could certainly see it going that far for someone here lawsuit land.

The way I see it, as long as the service is performed to the standards and procedures specified by MV, and use parts that meet MV standards, then the warranty is still valid. They can't void it because you had the work done outside of their network.

This is a pretty common issue here in the USA. Especially for cars. Taking your car to Jiffy Lube for an oil change shouldn't void the warranty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts