MV Agusta Forum banner

Mv wake up , new bikes , a shame :(

2K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  esq'z me 
#1 · (Edited)
Just saw new 2012 bikes at dealer , this pics are from a brand new 1090 R , this bike cost 14000€ plus.............................a disgrace :thewife:

The way the cable runs , not hidden etc... the welding , a shame Mv , a disgrace....

Compared to the older bikes

See less See more
#4 ·
:(Hopefully they have someone read the forums. Or their sales dip and they realize it in enough time to make improvements to their design and qc. But Tree is right, if their cost cutting is eating into parts quality AND labor quality, it will be a downward spiral.

#6 ·
welds?

its just robot MIG welded, instead of hand TIG welded......

they got the garbage wiring harness from Aprilia, looks just like my RSVR

my buddy Bob makes ECUs and wiring harnesses for them......the harness covers are Kevlar lined......not 50 year old 'friction tape'

what bullshit:jsm::jsm::jsm:

#8 ·
its a catch 22 senerio we want cheeper MV s so cost cutting has to come into it ........with cost cutting comes shit house workmanship/finish thus cheeper bikes thus comes cost cutting comes shit house workmanship/finish .....thus cheeper bikes thus comes cost cutting comes shit house workmanship/finish ........thus cheeper bikes thus comes cost cutting comes shit house workmanship/finish
ETC i just hope the finish will not drop to the same level as trumpy did/is

#13 ·
normaly the mark 1,s are good quality but normaly have the bugs

#16 ·
Sad to see the hand welding with the GTAW , Gas Tungsten Arc Welding, process be dropped in favor of the mass production GMAW, Gas Metal Arc Welding. The latter is much faster, cheaper and requires less skill to produce, robotic friendly, but over all is not an inferior process for the application if done properly, aesthetically however it is a definate downgrade.
One of the major factors of the MV line was the closer one looks the better the product looks. The difference between the leader and the also rans can be little things that add up. Reducing the visual to the same as the rest will not help win the discriminating buyer.
Unfortunately staying in business takes the front seat. I am very happy with my 2008 312R and double happy with those little visual bits of eye candy like the GTAW frame.
Not to worry though, I doubt the frame is substandard and I believe it will be quite serviceable for the life time of the motorcycle.

#17 ·
Don't go looking at late model Kawasaki s under the plastic....you want some ugly welds???? try a Ducati!!!!

MV welds may be a notch below the classic, but still way ahead of the cookie cutter high volume Jap and Euro bikes....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.