MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

My 2018 MV Dragster RR was out of action for about ten days due to a rear brake fix. Fortunately, I also own a 2017 Moto Guzzi V7 III Special. Very different bikes. So, the Goose got a lot of miles recently. The Guzzi is smooth, maybe 50 hp on a good day, full of character and just dead drop gorgeous. I have owned a small block Guzzi since 2012 (V7R) and I really enjoy them.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder? Rode the MV home across Houston this morning: cold and windy. But as soon as I wound that magnificent triple up, I had a grin on my face. The B3 is sharp as a gladius-- so precise, so quick. And the MV fits my small frame like a pair of hand made Italian shoes. Head turner too. Mechanic that helped with the work quizzed me about how the MV performed and we chatted quite a while. Older fella like myself, a master mechanic. He followed me to the exit garage door to hear the triple fire up, and I gave him a bit of the sound. Thumbs up: no Guzzi sounds like this, although they do have their own rasp.

Huge contrast. I sometimes wonder why I have two bikes. Maybe the Guzzi is like a cushy old chair, comfortable and soft. The MV though... exhilarating. I run out of words describing the bike.

Quando ti alzi al mattino, pensa a quale prezioso privilegio è essere vivi: respirare, pensare, godere, amare--- Marcus Aurelius "Meditations"

YMMV. EOM.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My experience has been that MV's are thrilling to ride. I liked my two immediately. Guzzi's, on the other hand, seem to "grow on you" with their quirkiness and idiosyncracies. I had a V11 Sport. I bought it without having ridden a Guzzi and I must say that on my ride home from the dealership I was somewhat disappointed. Then the engine loosened up, I put some great CF exhausts on it, and... uh... wow, what a difference! I'd have a Griso, but for whatever reason Guzzi won't put ABS on that model. For me, that's a deal killer.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I bought a Moto Morini Milano limited (one of 30 worldwide) in Italy and will receive it in 2 weeks.
That is my contrast to the MV

1 - 3 of 3 Posts