MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't seen this posted anywhere, so for those that haven't seen it this is the VELTRO STRADA. It was on display at the Alexandra Palace, London last week. The photo isn't the best - I only had my phone with me. The English press call it the STEALTH - you can see why.
The "ready to race" 190 bhp VELTRO PISTA version costs £45,000 and the Veltro Strada (Road Legal) 177 bhp, £36,000. It weighs in at 170 kg.
WOW !!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Rick GM said:
Haven't seen this posted anywhere, so for those that haven't seen it this is the VELTRO STRADA. It was on display at the Alexandra Palace, London last week. The photo isn't the best - I only had my phone with me. The English press call it the STEALTH - you can see why.
The "ready to race" 190 bhp VELTRO PISTA version costs £45,000 and the Veltro Strada (Road Legal) 177 bhp, £36,000. It weighs in at 170 kg.
WOW !!
I'm probably going to get hung and whipped for this comment....but I dont really like it there...doesn't look totally right?...almost too heavy looking ???
The other pictures we've seen of the race version it looked pretty cool.
Really dislike the screen...and the graphics: just a bit "kitch" for my tastes.

But having said that, I'll probably drool all over it when I get to see one :grin:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As nice as it looks - and it is striking - I still prefer my Red/Silver.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I agree with you Rick, I prefer the Red/Silver traditional MV colours, but twist my arm up my back, I'd slum it with a Veltro if I really had too! :p

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
Thanks for the picture! it's always great to have new pix of the bikes we love.

I'm probably going to get hung and whipped for this comment....but I dont really like it there...doesn't look totally right?...almost too heavy looking ???
I second that, the abundant flat black and grey on this bike make it look like a monolithic sand blasted black marble sculpture, not a bad thing but doesn't go with the fact that it is suppose to be light, fast and agile, IMO.

All the other live pix of the Veltro I have seen were next to a F16, but I have to say that the paint scheme design reminds me more of Japanese anime than a fighter jet.

The screen looks a bit better with the Strada version, On the Pista it looks like some kind of artificially implanted time trial helmet, so very top heavy...

http://www.mvagusta-sp.it/f41000veltroen.html

With that said, I am sure it looks better in person, I certainly wouldn't mind having either one of those puppies. :p

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
You can't say much from that pic.

But for me the classic Red/Silver is unbeatable and only the SPR andthe Veltro come close to it, soooooooo.......... i like the Veltro :toothless :toothless

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
I don't like the screen on the Veltro and must admit it does look too heavy in that photo but I like the other photos of it I've seen.

I used to be a red/silver was the best (only) colour combo guy until I saw the Tambo and recently I got to see a 750 Senna in the flesh for the first time...pics don't do it justice...I have to say that I think also rivals the red/silver.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
funny how the veltro race has the same sculptured lip in the fairing that the headlight has. i think we used to wonder was it form over function, but maybe not. i also think that with more official photos, the background is always colored to bring out the subtle change in grays and blacks. the pic from london looks like a it needs a 50mm cannon hanging off the side.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts