MV Agusta Forum banner

41 - 60 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
In fact engine braking plays a bigger role for me in retardation, following riders have commented on this as my brake light rarely comes on unless coming to a total stop
Sounds familiar... :grin2:

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Well if you re-read my post I'm just about to change to the 4th set, so only three used in 12000 miles. The Pirelli Scorpions that came with my TVL were shot in 2500 miles, that didn't help the overall figure. Usually replace tyres in advance of a tour if I don't expect them to last the distance so sometimes forego a few mm of depth. So that's normally 5000 miles a set which is regular wear for me. Got caught out by the Scorpions and had to nurse the bike home from the Picos in Northern Spain to the nearby ferry from Santander back to the UK, only a couple of days of riding cautiously.
5k per set is what I averaged with the Buell.
When the stock tires are done.
I'll probably install a set of Shinko Verge tires.
Had good service from them and they are reasonably priced, at least here in the US.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Took the MV out today, it was mid 80s here.
I've been running it in Rain Mode; getting recalibrated to its characteristics.
And, found my bike's silver sibling at the Rock Store.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
2 weeks in, rear tire down to 25 PSI, found a nail in the rear tire!

Clutch switch failing: starter does not operate in gear with clutch disengaged; when engine is at operating temperature.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
This is a common problem with 2016 models.
Replace the sucker right away — before it starts leaking hydraulic fluid.
Easier said than done, as the closest MV dealer is 36 miles away.

I rode the TV over there today to speak to them about the problem and repair (as reported here) it did not go the way I had hoped.
All they have to do to daig, when the bike is hot (failing) is connect the diagnostic scan tool.
Then find the clutch pressure switch input view the live data list. They were not receptive to that. I would need an appointment and it could take a couple of weeks or longer depending on whether MV Italy has the part in stock.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Easier said than done...
I know, it took me over 2 months to get mine replaced. Still, it absolutely has to be done. That faulty clutch switch accounts for A LOT of problems with Turismo Veloce.

I wish you best of luck with your dealer replacing the switch!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I know, it took me over 2 months to get mine replaced. Still, it absolutely has to be done. That faulty clutch switch accounts for A LOT of problems with Turismo Veloce.
Copy that.
Shifting is greatly affected when quick shift is enabled and the clutch switch input is missing. I felt like such a dork; could not make a smooth shift to save myself...
Yesterday I turned Q/S off and what a difference it made shifting.
Smooth and easy.
You mentioned the rock store earlier so I assume you are in LA area. What dealer are you going to for service and who sold you the bike?
Yes, see profile on left side of forum.
I bought the bike from Tri-County out in Moore Park.
Pro-Italia was receptive to doing the repair as was Tri-County.
However, getting the bike to either store, then me back home is monumental (then in reverse to reclaim the bike)... driving to either place is worst than an airport run to LAX.

Plus I'd rather not have others laying hands on my bike. In 12 years my Buell went to the dealer 2 times, for recalls, because the dealer would not allow me to perform the recall work...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Shifting is greatly affected when quick shift is enabled and the clutch switch input is missing. I felt like such a dork; could not make a smooth shift to save myself...
Yesterday I turned Q/S off and what a difference it made shifting.
Smooth and easy.
Absolutely. Mine has exact same symptoms.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Coming up on 600 miles and going to replace the oil and filter...

This has probably been asked and answered somewhere but:
When changing the oil (2016 Turismo Veloce) should the bike be on the side stand, the center stand, rear axle stand or at 1-G* upright?

* 1-G = bike on tires but perpendicular to the ground, or upright as in riding position.

Cheers!

Oh yeah, anyone know of a good supplier for the SpeeyMoto rear spindle nut, socket?

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I got my Speedymoto rear wheel socket from motowheels, can't see it on their website anymore though.

·
Registered
371 Posts
$49 is a deal. I just paid $91 with shipping for a stainless one from Ebay seller ssr_mfg. The last one I lost. It was aluminum and I burnished the ratchet 1/2 inch drive with a breaker bar. It was hard to keep firmly against the nut. Maybe the stainless will do better.

·
Administrator
18,828 Posts
This has probably been asked and answered somewhere but:
When changing the oil (2016 Turismo Veloce) should the bike be on the side stand, the center stand, rear axle stand or at 1-G* upright?
On the rear wheel stand or center stand will be fine. Vertical at any rate.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
$49 is a deal. I just paid $91 with shipping for a stainless one from Ebay seller ssr_mfg. The last one I lost. It was aluminum and I burnished the ratchet 1/2 inch drive with a breaker bar. It was hard to keep firmly against the nut. Maybe the stainless will do better.
The Motowheels links that Fastspy posted are both for alloy sockets. My dealer used Oberon sockets but reckoned they needed to change them regularly. Stainless one will mark the nut for sure unless you're really careful, my nut is a little marked where I used a rattle gun along with my SpeedyMoto stainless socket. However, stainless should last a lifetime. I have an alloy one for touring as the stainless one is so heavy.

·
Registered
206 Posts
41 - 60 of 102 Posts