MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How effective is the low seat option I'm 5' 8" and solus its great but when a short passenger needs to climb on I don't have enough feet on the ground to support this and am relying on the sidestand.. not great to support the bike

·
Administrator
20,056 Posts
Welcome to the family @Rodbap !! Please introduce yourself with a post in the "New Members" section.
I'm not going to be help with your question, as I don't have a TV, but I'm sure you will get some answers.
I'm 5'7" so I am familiar with tip-toeing. The side stand with you adding some leg support should be fine for getting your pillion on and off.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hello and welcome. I have a TVL and also have short legs 😁 For years now I have been using the side stand to help with stability when the wife climbs on the back. No issues yet. I went for the comfort seat over a low seat option. Haven't gone with the lowering links as I believe it will mess with the use of the centre stand.

Cheers Paul

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Paul thanks did you get the seat from the EB store in Italy or somewhere in the UK?

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'm 5'7" and did around 5000 miles without any alterations however I was always nervous when coming to junctions. I decided to lower the bike 25mm and fit the low option seat, To increase the lean when on the side stand I fitted one from a B3 Brutale with I think was around 15mm shorter than the Turismo stand. I have left the centre stand fitted, requires a bit more of a tug to get it on the stand but it is not too bad. I have done around 3000 miles with the lowered setup.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Moto Corsa
part number 8000C2909
I did not buy the matching comfort passenger seat but if you want that as well part number 8000C2478

·
Registered
136 Posts
Paul thanks did you get the seat from the EB store in Italy or somewhere in the UK?
I bought it through my dealer. That will save on shipping to the UK. Same price

·
Registered
24 Posts
How effective is the low seat option I'm 5' 8" and solus its great but when a short passenger needs to climb on I don't have enough feet on the ground to support this and am relying on the sidestand.. not great to support the bike

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi Rodbap and welcome. I have a tv and the same height as you. I have fitted the lowering link dog bones for the rear suspension and it works well. There is the ability to set the forks through the yokes to lower the front the same amount as the rear. I have a spare set of dog bones to lower the bike 35mm i can sell you for £40 inc postage within the uk if you’re interested?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts