MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Administrator
19,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This news from Roadracing World.com Magazine:

Mar 25, 2014

© 2014, Roadracing World Publishing, Inc. From a press release issued by Veloce Racing:
Barnes To Race Veloce Racing MV Agusta F3 675 In AMA Pro Daytona SportBike And Superbike Shootout Events

Michael Barnes To Race MV Agusta F3 675 For Veloce Racing
The 2012 AMA Pro Harley-Davidson XR 1200 Champion and journeyman racer Michael Barnes will compete in the AMA Pro Racing Daytona Sportbike class for the remainder of the 2014 season on board an MV Agusta F3 675 fielded by Veloce Racing.
The team will continue testing through April and will participate in two rounds of the newly formed Superbike Shootout Series, prior to the team’s first AMA Pro round in Elkhart Lake, WI (May 30-June 1). Barnes will contest rounds 2 & 3 of the Superbike Shootout: May 3-4 at Sonoma Raceway and May 24-25 at Miller Motorsports Park.
Michael Barnes: "I'm so excited to be back riding in the DSB class on a professional team, not to mention getting to ride the ultra cool MV Agusta F3 675 . I'm really looking forward to riding the 675 Triple. I feel the 3-cylinder configuration offers a usable mix between the high revving Inline Fours and the torque of a Twin. I feel the MV's compact size and nimble handling should suit my riding style as well. I'm excited to work with my new crew, consisting of racer/tuner Chase McFarland and racer/tuner Nobi Iso; they are both great people and dedicated to this project. Team principal Spiros Gabrilis is as passionate as I am about racing and I'm looking forward to an exciting year with a new team. The MV Agusta brand will be the 15th motorcycle brand I've raced throughout my career and somewhere around the 40th team I've raced for in the last 26 years. I have a lot of confidence in my team and can't wait to get started"
Spiros Gabrilis: "Last year's work with the stunning F3 convinced us of the machine's great potential. Yet we were missing the key piece: A development rider with tremendous experience and a willingness to take on what inarguably is a challenge. When the team met to discuss possible candidates the long and short lists condensed to one name: 'Michael Barnes.' Veloce prides themselves in eschewing the easy route to competitiveness in favor of solving technical challenges. We welcome Michael to the famiglia and are excited about the season."
Barnes is sponsored by RS-Taichi, Arai, Sidi, Forcefield, Motonation and Moto-Liberty
Veloce Racing is a privately-funded road race team based in Hillsboro, Oregon with a 12-year history of competition in the 125 and 250GP categories.
Veloce Racing is indebted to these fine sponsors for their generous support: SpeedyMoto, Duc Designed, Moto Forza MV Agusta (Escondito, CA), Moto-Liberty, RS-Taichi, Arai, Bazzaz Performance, Zero Gravity, Cox Racing Group, CapIt / TAW Performance, RB Components, Evol Technology, Mr. Rob Keith, MV Agusta USA.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Tell me about it. First off.....the AMA is garbage now. Not the racers but the organization. There use to be like 16 rounds. I believe this year there are 5. Ever since the change in ownership or whatever it was when Daytona got involved its been down hill. Gets a big BOOOO. we have more rounds in club racing.

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
there are or were some good riders in AMA. Josh Hayes and that kid Cameron riding the 600 Graves Yamaha. They need to move on to a different series

·
Administrator
19,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There is a new "Sub-Series" just announced....a Superbike Shootout if you will.....and the factory teams will be participating.....organized as part of WERA races. Unfortunately only in the west coast area at this time.

John Ulrich, very unhappy with the total lack of any AMA races in the western US has put this together. They are working on a TV package, too.

Perhaps this will be the beginnings of a new and improved National Championship to replace the mess the AMA series has become.

One can only hope so.

·
Administrator
19,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
MV will have an entry in the new Superbike Shootout Series..!!

Not much in the way of headlines, but lots of teams and sponsors signing on, including MV and Triumph, Dunlop Tires and more. Suzuki offering contingency money...I hope this is the beginning of the end for AMA...of course, that would mean no more Daytona 200...

Three-Round "Superbike Shootout" Series To Visit Auto Club ...

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/three-round-superbike-shootout-series-to-visit-auto-club-speedway-april-26-27/

Mar 14, 2014 - Three-Round 'Superbike Shootout' Series To Visit Auto Club Speedway April 26- 27. ... 2014, Roadracing World Publishing, Inc. From a press release ... Shootout event held in conjunction with Fastrack Riders and WERA ...

·
Registered
947 Posts
I am pretty stoked about seeing an F3 race in the US but I can't help but wonder why they couldn't find someone younger to ride the bike. While I have always liked Michael Barnes he is pretty "seasoned" and his best racing days are far behind him. Maybe his development skills are what they are after.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Veloce Racing MV Agusta F3 675 In AMA Pro Daytona SportBike And Superbike Shootout

This news from Roadracing World.com Magazine:

Mar 25, 2014

© 2014, Roadracing World Publishing, Inc. From a press release issued by Veloce Racing:
Barnes To Race Veloce Racing MV Agusta F3 675 In AMA Pro Daytona SportBike And Superbike Shootout Events

Michael Barnes To Race MV Agusta F3 675 For Veloce Racing
The 2012 AMA Pro Harley-Davidson XR 1200 Champion and journeyman racer Michael Barnes will compete in the AMA Pro Racing Daytona Sportbike class for the remainder of the 2014 season on board an MV Agusta F3 675 fielded by Veloce Racing.
The team will continue testing through April and will participate in two rounds of the newly formed Superbike Shootout Series, prior to the team’s first AMA Pro round in Elkhart Lake, WI (May 30-June 1). Barnes will contest rounds 2 & 3 of the Superbike Shootout: May 3-4 at Sonoma Raceway and May 24-25 at Miller Motorsports Park.
Michael Barnes: "I'm so excited to be back riding in the DSB class on a professional team, not to mention getting to ride the ultra cool MV Agusta F3 675 . I'm really looking forward to riding the 675 Triple. I feel the 3-cylinder configuration offers a usable mix between the high revving Inline Fours and the torque of a Twin. I feel the MV's compact size and nimble handling should suit my riding style as well. I'm excited to work with my new crew, consisting of racer/tuner Chase McFarland and racer/tuner Nobi Iso; they are both great people and dedicated to this project. Team principal Spiros Gabrilis is as passionate as I am about racing and I'm looking forward to an exciting year with a new team. The MV Agusta brand will be the 15th motorcycle brand I've raced throughout my career and somewhere around the 40th team I've raced for in the last 26 years. I have a lot of confidence in my team and can't wait to get started"
Spiros Gabrilis: "Last year's work with the stunning F3 convinced us of the machine's great potential. Yet we were missing the key piece: A development rider with tremendous experience and a willingness to take on what inarguably is a challenge. When the team met to discuss possible candidates the long and short lists condensed to one name: 'Michael Barnes.' Veloce prides themselves in eschewing the easy route to competitiveness in favor of solving technical challenges. We welcome Michael to the famiglia and are excited about the season."
Barnes is sponsored by RS-Taichi, Arai, Sidi, Forcefield, Motonation and Moto-Liberty
Veloce Racing is a privately-funded road race team based in Hillsboro, Oregon with a 12-year history of competition in the 125 and 250GP categories.
Veloce Racing is indebted to these fine sponsors for their generous support: SpeedyMoto, Duc Designed, Moto Forza MV Agusta (Escondito, CA), Moto-Liberty, RS-Taichi, Arai, Bazzaz Performance, Zero Gravity, Cox Racing Group, CapIt / TAW Performance, RB Components, Evol Technology, Mr. Rob Keith, MV Agusta USA.
We have been collaborating with Veloce Team initially when they decided to race the MV Agusta F3 last year. Very exciting news and they have had recently back to back testing on their F3 after many upgrades so will post some images for you guys.

Still some changes are in the works at the moment but there is hope for a fantastic run, Good luck Spiros and the Veloce Racing Team:yo:

Attachments

·
Administrator
19,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hope to see them at Barber......so few opportunities to see the Big Boys race these days thanks to the DMG.

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
Aaah, I saw the bike on Facebook, but no details about it. Thanks for sharing Al.
It's so good to see more and more F3's entering Championships around the world, I wish someone would try it here in Western Aus.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Nice job. That bike looks like so much fun.
Absolutely a menacing bike to ride from the info we received from Veloce.

Hope to see them at Barber......so few opportunities to see the Big Boys race these days thanks to the DMG.
Its a real shame that Fans don't get as much opportunities to support the Teams like in other racing series around the world.

Aaah, I saw the bike on Facebook, but no details about it. Thanks for sharing Al.
It's so good to see more and more F3's entering Championships around the world, I wish someone would try it here in Western Aus.
There is very little info Dons regarding Veloce Racing and the MV Agusta F3 bike for this racing series. I remember when Spiros decided to move from racing the Aprillias to the MV Agusta brand.

Got a bit of a shock with the lack of support and i think its due to this that there are more privately supported teams Trying to Race the F3 than any support from the Factory. This could be the reason there are not many F3 racing in AUS.

We sponsored Haslam in the Bears Australia racing series last year and continue to support him and this year Gold Coast have become their major sponsor so Very happy that local support is coming on-board so these bikes can make the Grid.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Spiros - the team owner - is a good friend of mine for over 15 years. I actually bought his Aprilia 250 off him.
Moto Forza is one of his sponsors and we talk at least once a week. Their F3 is pretty stock at this time. They are just learning about the bike and are looking to develop a few things for it. They are pretty much on their own at this point without any help from Italy.
The race at Sonoma Raceway was really the first time they rode it in anger. Unfortunately Barnes got a little over ambitious during the race and lowsided but his lap times were quite decent. It will only get better! Stay tuned.

·
Registered
947 Posts
You could always switch to the F3. ;-)

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
Spiros - the team owner - is a good friend of mine for over 15 years. I actually bought his Aprilia 250 off him.
Moto Forza is one of his sponsors and we talk at least once a week. Their F3 is pretty stock at this time. They are just learning about the bike and are looking to develop a few things for it. They are pretty much on their own at this point without any help from Italy.
The race at Sonoma Raceway was really the first time they rode it in anger. Unfortunately Barnes got a little over ambitious during the race and lowsided but his lap times were quite decent. It will only get better! Stay tuned.
Thanks Balz, keep us posted please.

You could always switch to the F3. ;-)
To old, too fat, too poor.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts