MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks
anyone had experience of the small battery/trickle charger that comes supplied with the 312R?

its not even a 10th of the size of my trickle charger and needs an adapter, it may suite the purpose and hopefully it will as the alarm/imobiliser will run down the juice

has anyone used this little charger with success or should i revert to my trusty trickle charger which is proven good.

just curious with different voltages in different countries

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im fully legal and do a lot of stalking around scotland, one is a "Southern gun" modified to 9mm (legal) and also the remmington 308/7.62 for deer stalking

now back to the question on my charger (please)

·
Registered
294 Posts
I suggest you to check the polarity before using the charger which came with your 312. Mine was reversed (+/- ends were not mathching the plug's under the seat).
It is good enough to keep the battery "maintained" but not to recharge it in a hurry.

·
King of Bling
9,808 Posts
F41NXS said:
Im fully legal and do a lot of stalking around scotland, one is a "Southern gun" modified to 9mm (legal) and also the remmington 308/7.62 for deer stalking

now back to the question on my charger (please)

Hi F4INXS

I've used the good and trusted Optomate for donkeys years without a single problem.. "Sodds Law", bet now I've said that, my bike's in the garage are all on fire, and lying there in a heap of moltern mess..

Recently, I've converted over to a new charger on my bikes, because of the safety features the unit has. It's made by Acumen and there manufacturer two types ..The Titanium at £49.99 and The Platinum smart charger at £39.99.. They are fantastic units and I highly recommend them.. You can see from my bike's, the last thing I need is to be using S**T equipment..

Hope that helps somewhat..

PS: I used to do a bit of stalking in the past, but that's a completely different story and I've paid back my debt to society .. I Thank You All !!

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
I chopped the plug off the MV charger and fitted it to my Optimate, It just doesn't look like an 'intellegent' charger to mr like the Optimate or Acuman

1 - 9 of 9 Posts