MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well aside from price it is hard to get one (because no one sell it..even the MV importer wher i bought F3) so i want to make sure it is worth spending the money plus effort.. :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
i'd wait a while before buying any accessories for the f3, just until they can keep up with demand for the bike, once that happens their will be a much bigger range of aftermarket accessories to choose from. BUT since u have an oro it would be a much better investment buying mv accessories over other aftermarket brands

·
Registered
115 Posts
So far all the MV's I've ridden get much much better with headers and the associated MV race ECU. I believe that this one comes with the ECU. Seems like a good deal compared to other systems out there.

I'd pull the trigger....

·
Registered
1,985 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2 for MVs headers and 1 for aftermarket... guess i'll wait for at least 1 month.. to see if there could be aftermarket in the near future.. i really want to decat asap..

·
Registered
352 Posts
Does this header eliminate the cat and does it come with a ECU? The details on the MV website are bare minimum...I wish they had provided better explanation of all accessories!
I would rather get a header (with no cat) and put PCV, so that I can tweak it myself with a laptop or Autotune!

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Oi

Does this header eliminate the cat and does it come with a ECU? The details on the MV website are bare minimum...I wish they had provided better explanation of all accessories!
I would rather get a header (with no cat) and put PCV, so that I can tweak it myself with a laptop or Autotune!
Why make it so hard mate, just try reading the part RIGHT next to the picture :stickpoke", that will answer some of your questions.

""Inox manifolds studied to increase
and optimize bike performances.
They have connection for lambda
to offer possibilities to do the best
engine setting ( with
dedicated map). Thanks to this
kit, the catalyzer can be removed to
reduce weight and heat.
MV Agusta
Corse logo is printed between
manifolds end and silencers.
These products are dedicated to race
use only or for closed areas use only.""

I recon all they did is remove the butterfly valve, maybe improved the size of the pipes, and give you room to add another tailpipe without the cat in between.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i guess mr Donsy have answered your question shashankmittal.. what i am curious is now that dedicated map say.. does this mean the ECU is reflashed or replaced..??

·
Registered
352 Posts
Why make it so hard mate, just try reading the part RIGHT next to the picture :stickpoke", that will answer some of your questions.

""Inox manifolds studied to increase
and optimize bike performances.
They have connection for lambda
to offer possibilities to do the best
engine setting ( with
dedicated map). Thanks to this
kit, the catalyzer can be removed to
reduce weight and heat.
MV Agusta
Corse logo is printed between
manifolds end and silencers.
These products are dedicated to race
use only or for closed areas use only.""

I recon all they did is remove the butterfly valve, maybe improved the size of the pipes, and give you room to add another tailpipe without the cat in between.
Okay, the cat can be removed, but it still doesn't say anything about ECU, mapping, mid pipe, or whether the stock muffler can be connected to these headers or not. The info there is just insufficient for a $3000 part! It only says reduced weight...well, how much weight reduction exactly? Inox is stainless steel, so I doubt the weight savings will be anywhere close to what one would typically get with titanium headers.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Okay, the cat can be removed, but it still doesn't say anything about ECU, mapping, mid pipe, or whether the stock muffler can be connected to these headers or not. The info there is just insufficient for a $3000 part! It only says reduced weight...well, how much weight reduction exactly? Inox is stainless steel, so I doubt the weight savings will be anywhere close to what one would typically get with titanium headers.
I know what your saying man, not trying to be smart or anything.
I just think it is what you see, a S/S header pipe, minus the exhaust valve, and I doubt the standard tailpipes would go straight on there, but having not seen one yet, I might be wrong.
As per usual I imagine MV will give you a race ECU, but that is speculation too.
So I would wait just a little longer and wait for Microtec to come out with their ECU instead of a PC or some half arsed race ECU from MV.

Point is, if your not sure, then ask the people who sell the thing, or wait patiently and good things will/might come to you :).

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i think it will not void any warranty.. bt as for the goodies come with it.. yes.. it isn't said clear in the website.. the dealer here have no explanation so...... blind i am..

·
Registered
46 Posts
From what I understand, you get an ECU with the header, similar to ducatis termignoni setups. As for gains in performance, you'll never know for sure what the sound, power, and weight improvements will be until you actually buy it and install it. Saying that, for the love of GOD, can somebody please buy and install this header!?! :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts