MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
JamesC said:
Hi Airfuel,

Worn grooves in the fingers. Every high mileage MV will see this problem in my experience.
O.K.

Now, what kind of mileage are we talking about here?

Is this wear any more than other bikes out there?

Something we can do to prevent this? Oil?? Not holding clutches in at lights or is this just normal wear and tear that we should expect?

Clutches and baskets are wear items in my book, so if they need to be replaced once in the lifetime of the bike, I'm fine with that.

john

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
HI John,

If you talk to most of us above say 20 or 25,000miles - you will find the same symptoms and condition, worldwide.

I understand these cast parts are just prone to wear there and I am in agreement on them being a long term wear issue..would just be nice if the replacement had fingers which were billet as are common on aftermarket gsxr, ducati, etc.

It doesn't help that the part includes the crank gear assembly and also an idler gear under the same part number..and is DEALER COST at $950. See #16:

·
Ambassador / 007 , , Waiting for new bike
6,135 Posts

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Thx for the link! Always good to know.

·
Registered
151 Posts
JamesC said:
HI John,

If you talk to most of us above say 20 or 25,000miles - you will find the same symptoms and condition, worldwide.

I understand these cast parts are just prone to wear there and I am in agreement on them being a long term wear issue..would just be nice if the replacement had fingers which were billet as are common on aftermarket gsxr, ducati, etc.

It doesn't help that the part includes the crank gear assembly and also an idler gear under the same part number..and is DEALER COST at $950. See #16:

Not to go too far off topic James do you happen to have the F4 1000 workshop manual PDF by any chance I would appreciate it. Iam going to replace my clutch pack this week and it would come in handy possibly..

only 7k and the clutch is toast!!!

Thanks
Payman

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
JamesC said:
HI Sean,

I see what appears to be a dry clutch assembly.

Any plans for making a better MV clutch basket? Not many have encountered the situation yet but as the years go by they will..

Here's a pic from Ralph as to why:
wuuhhhh... looks a little bit scary. :wtf:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts