MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Radiator on my Brut sprung a little leak ... still under warranty so no cost to me BUT ....

....3 weeks and counting since the warranty claim was approved and the radiator still hasn't even arrived in the country :cross:

MV really needs to do something about how long it takes to get spares to their dealers ... seriously .... pretty soon the bike will have spent more time gathering dust in the workshop than it has spent out on the road
:cry:

Starting to wonder if this warranty is actually worth the frustration and overpriced servicing that the stealerships put one through

·
Administrator
19,525 Posts
Parts delivery here to Georgia, USA is usually just a week or 2 when they are in stock in Italy.
Too bad they can't just repair the radiator. Most auto radiator repair shops can do it. But I suppose MV wants new installed since it is warranty.

·
Registered
9,954 Posts
I all but built an F4 from spares bought through the forum and eBay etc while my first F4 was waiting for Warranty repairs in the shop. I lost the use of it for almost a year..

In a way I'm glad because of the road it took me along...but that's no consolation to the typical MV owner who just wants to ride the bike he has paid for.

joe

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I all but built an F4 from spares bought through the forum and eBay etc while my first F4 was waiting for Warranty repairs in the shop. I lost the use of it for almost a year..

In a way I'm glad because of the road it took me along...but that's no consolation to the typical MV owner who just wants to ride the bike he has paid for.

joe
Jeez ... I'll be an unhappy camper if it takes anywhere close to that long

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Though you can get spares quite easy through evolution bike, Design Corse and Startwintrading...

Its the local dealers that take ages.

·
Registered
225 Posts
As far as I recall, neither Ducati or MV warehouses parts here (aside from little bits), so they all have to come from Italy.

Maybe we as a community should start a parts hoarding coalition..

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Finally!!
Just picked up my bike from the stealership and I can't believe how much I missed her.
Pity it is p!ssing down all over SA so no real chance of a nice long ride to get reacquainted
:ahhh:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts