Discussion Starter #3
Looks really like the original bike.
Anyone knowing more about it?
What engine and so on?
Not sure about the six ,but other MVs have the chain on the other side

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Right here is the original 350 Sei with Franco Bonera.
Nevertheless it looks like an awfully good copy.
And I bet it sounds bloody awesome too.
Further most peoples in this world would not know the difference.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm betting it's not a Mv engine,as the chain is a giveaway . Still looks like one ,like the add says.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
More photos he sent

Asked him for information on the bike and this all he could say:
hallo
ik stuur foto s van de six
hy is running geen race of demo mee gereden alleen voor de show.
groeten geart
Google translate:
hello I send pictures of the six he is running a race or demo ridden just for show. greetings geart

more photos:

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
That's certainly not an MV engine but definitely a bespoke motor built along the MV lines - very impressive work indeed.

I am not sure what the point of it is apart from a super cool engineering exercise.

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
That's definitely the same beast Stephen unless there are 2 of them which would surprise me.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Well, if I was going to the trouble to build something like that I’d be making spares of everything.

A family friend, (I wrote about him last year after he passed) restored a V12 Cadillac convertible coupe. It was so far gone that he had to hand make much of the body and all the under lying wood. He had a V8 chassis that he’d used the body off of for the restoration of a V12 sedan. So he built two cars at the same time. Usually the first attempt parts went on the V8 but always the best product went on the V12.

Same bike, different number or, a second bike?

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Surprising what you can find doing a search, eh?

Geert Cuperus builds replicas of legendary European Grand Prix racers from history. In the case of an MV Agusta three-cylinder or six-cylinder factory GP bike, where can one find an obtainable, affordable power plant of the right weight, shape and dimensions to act as a suitable stand-in? The answer is surprisingly simple: A Suzuki GS550 engine is perfect. Okay, so it has four cylinders…. No big deal: chop one pot off and you have a 412cc triple. Graft two extra onto the end of the crank, and you’ve got a six.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
1,550 Posts

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Not the same bike, notice the side of the chain position is different
Lost me there Adrian - both the one in your original post & the vid posted up by Stephen are both (wrong) left side drive as opposed to the (correct) right side on Bonera's bike in the pic posted up by Ralf which of course the original, I am not 100% certain but believe that's of the "Elly" bikes from the famous collection of MV racers.

I saw Ago rip that original 6 bike around Phillip Island in 1999.... amazing stuff, the sound is still tattooed on my heart & soul. In fact, that was the peak for me as the Elly collection was here and Ago rode the 3,4 & 6 - I have an old photo (film of course) here somewhere with of all of them on the starting grid, all revving simply mind numbing. :yo:

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Lost me there Adrian - both the one in your original post & the vid posted up by Stephen are both (wrong) left side drive as opposed to the (correct) right side on Bonera's bike in the pic posted up by Ralf which of course the original, I am not 100% certain but believe that's of the "Elly" bikes from the famous collection of MV racers.

I saw Ago rip that original 6 bike around Phillip Island in 1999.... amazing stuff, the sound is still tattooed on my heart & soul. In fact, that was the peak for me as the Elly collection was here and Ago rode the 3,4 & 6 - I have an old photo (film of course) here somewhere with of all of them on the starting grid, all revving simply mind numbing. :yo:
Your right Rob. Sorry , I meant this video .that s what happens when don't get much sleep because of a newborn . my mistake.i was looking at this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwnS06Z3oyY

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Rob the 350 Sei and a 500 Tre are in the hands of Lucio Castelli.
I kind of remember that Elly gave them to him.
Lucio and Gianfranco are teamed up since a few years already.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts