MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just checked the record runs for Bonneville and it turns out that the RH Leppan team got the record for the 1000cc P-P (production) class with a speed of 185.882 (besting the old record of 182.759). If you saw my earlier post on this, I was mistaken when I said that it did not get the record...they originally had the MV classified incorrectly as a 1650cc bike.

Steve

·
Registered
604 Posts
What??? I'm suppose to be going to the World Speed Races next month at Bonneville. I guess you can go out there anytime. That is very cool.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
that's pretty great.

i thought that this achievement might be possible. i had been IM'ing with jamesC about the MV F4 R having a exceptionally high top speed. i then checked the top speed record for the 1000cc production class and saw that if the numbers for the MV were correct, it would have a REAL shot at besting the mark.

turns out someone else must have been thinking the same thing!

glad to see that it was done!

now, will someone PLEASE race this bike in a proper series (WSBK)!

alex

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ddnuts said:
What??? I'm suppose to be going to the World Speed Races next month at Bonneville. I guess you can go out there anytime. That is very cool.
I think they have a few key events per year. Speedweek is the biggest, they had over 500 vehicles being run last week. I think the World Speed Races bring in a few hundred participants. In any event, you'll have an awesome time there. If you've never been to the salt flats, it is an amazing experience (even if you have been there it'd be a great time). Enjoy!

Steve

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The class was P-P, which is production frame and production engine. My understanding is that it should be unmodified. I imagine they can change the gearing, but not sure what else is allowed. I had a book that described the classes in more detail but I think I left it behind at Bonneville. If I find it I will post more info.

Steve

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
sgcullen said:
The class was P-P, which is production frame and production engine. My understanding is that it should be unmodified. I imagine they can change the gearing, but not sure what else is allowed. I had a book that described the classes in more detail but I think I left it behind at Bonneville. If I find it I will post more info.

Steve
thanks, that will be great...
:guitarist

·
Registered
419 Posts
i dunno about you guys.. but as happy as i am to know about the success of MV.. i'm really wondering.. who the F__K is that old guy setting land speed records??? Between his looks, his age, whatever it is that qualifies him to be on the bike setting the records and that unknown one-piece leather suit... i'm intrigued. Damn it... someone find out.. or get him on this forum!

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I don't think it's traction...I think it's because it's so level and smooth and not one bump in site....

I've LOVE to have a run on there....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts