MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I hope their budget extends to better looking Brolly Girls!

I'm looking forward to next year!

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
They were testing today!

Attachments

·
Registered
947 Posts
They are testing at Jerez with a bunch of other teams today and tomorrow. Anybody on facebook brave enough to ask them what happened to the 3 year ParkinGo contract?

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Jeez that black F4 is sexy! Hope they kick ass! Will now be watching every race (watched all the supersport races last year - never watched a single one before the F3 raced).

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Jeez that black F4 is sexy! Hope they kick ass! Will now be watching every race (watched all the supersport races last year - never watched a single one before the F3 raced).
Hear Hear - been waiting a long time to get a hard on again over motorcycle racing - Finally :yo:

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Another secret pic??

Attachments

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Very impressive result for MV's first outing which must be considered more of a shake down run to assess the bike rather than a full on test. And this wasn't even on a full on WSBK spec bike.....

Come on, you doubters who said that the F4RR has no chance, what you say now?!? Wait until they put on some real suspension, electronics and some engine and transmission work!

I always said it! The F4RR is a very good platform. Weight is not an issue especially in race trim. The F4RR has an incredible chassis with good mass centralization, great geometry and VERY fantastic front end. Apparently Corti thinks the same...

Next test can't come soon enough!! I don't think MV will win any races next season but they will be competitive enough for some manufacturers to worry about MV.

http://www.crash.net/wsbk/news/198623/1/corti_encouraged_by_early_mv_agusta_impressions.html

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I would like to see them consistently as a top 10 finisher, I think that would be a VERY good result for any brand new manufacturer that has zero data from prior years to use. Anytime they beat any of the other main/factory teams, that would be awesome. Any top five finish would be spectacular - I don't think that will happen.
Not that the bike isn't good enough but there are too many new things for MV to sort through.

Remember every place they go to is new for them so for every track they have to develop and figure out transmission ratios and final gearing, fuel maps and ignition maps to optimize performance and fuel consumption, suspension settings and spring rates, chassis geometry (i.e. swing arm pivot, ride height, steering head angle, wheel base, triple clamp off-sets,..), TC settings, tire pressures, brake pads, stiffness of clutch springs, engine braking,......
You get the idea. There are so many variables we tend to forget about at first glance in order to build a competitive machine. They have to work through all this for every track whereas all other manufacturers have years of data to reference from.

I chatted with Brian Gillen, head of MV's racing department and he said that in WSS this was the biggest challenge. When they came to a track they had to figure all these variables out first, so they went pretty slow in 1st practice and worked themselves up to speed when everyone else went at full speed right from the 1st practice session. And that was on the Supersport. The Superbike has even more adjustable variables.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts