1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
But... 2008 is not finished yet...

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
And the weather was pretty lousy for large parts of the Year so far. Plus the Motorcycle Market is shrinking in Germany. You can see that many of the Main Manufacturers have a drop in Sale. Especially high priced Motorcycles and Hobbies have a slump since the cost of living is leaving less Money in the Germans pockets.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Plus I see Husqvarna didn't sold anything last Year. They might sailed last Year also under the MV Agusta Flag.

·
Registered
796 Posts
what i find a bit strange is that cagiva only sold 2 units ...even bimota sold 3 bikes :) looking at the comparison...it looks like mv agusta is actually the leader in the cagiva group.....it s like lamborghini selling more units than audi..but still..only 2 units...even with their new model...the mito 525..they presold 10 mito s at a moto show last month here...maybe germans don't like mito's

it s clear that people are waiting for a new model...last year the sales figures are very respectable for such a niche brand..it sold more bikes than moto guzzi which has a much larger product line

·
Registered
890 Posts
-46.95%

I think anywhere in the world is the same except Hong Kong.

Because there are only 5 owners in HK since the first F4 750 came out.
Now, there's another 2 who has F4 750. 2 people with F4 312R and 1078 312RR.

It's hard to imagine that Hong Kong is probably the only place to sell more
MV than the previous years.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Administrator
20,771 Posts
In USA's MCI Reports MV sells so few that they are lumped into the"Others" category.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Sportsbikes for the most part are luxury purchases. We're all experiencing an economic downturn and luxuries are what suffers first, especially when owners frequently finance their vehicle purchases with credit, which is becoming harder to get for a lot of people and more costly for all.

I wouldn't be surprised to see similar downturns in most automotive markets.

Si

1 - 11 of 11 Posts