I would believe it.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Fingers Crossed

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
I'd be interested to know who the offers were from and if they were "serious" offers worth consideration or something ridiculous.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Wow, a Company officer who cares about the fate of his workers, What a strange and wonderfull idea. Does anyone doubt that this loyalty will inspire high quality and good will among the workers? Truly an Old World concept.

·
Registered
50 Posts
It always seem odd with the Italians. It has been the same with Apilia, Cagiva and Ducati, that although they make great products, they seem unable to make good solid financial basis for their companies. it is such a shame. Although MV seem to have learnt at least that making a high volume bike (the new 600) is a way forward. Hope it goes well. Why on earth Harley bought MV is beyond me.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Wonder if VW are an interested party, they own Lamborghini and jolly nice cars too. So MV could be another Italian asset.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Wonder if VW are an interested party, they own Lamborghini and jolly nice cars too. So MV could be another Italian asset.
VW Audi Group (VAG) have been under performing for some time and being slowly bought out by Porsche. Not sure the VAG bankers would be too keen, however MV is probably loose change in their current debt loading.

I have done some M & A work, and when company A looks to buy company B, A must answer the question of "Can we be a more efficient owner of B than their current owners?" Not the only reason for the purchase, but there will be a board somewhere that's saying "These guys are loss making, so how are we going to make them profitable - what do we bring to the table that would change their profitability?" - Just a thought, I see M&A today about fiscal reality, not speculative investment as it was in the recent past.

My bet is at least one is venture capital fund who is thinking "Buy low, cut the costs out and hang in their for a couple of years till the market picks up and it can be on-sold for a profit" ...

I hope that strategy isn't the winning one, none of us will like it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
The latest issue of Automobile Magazine(Jan 2010)Pg 14. Has an article claiming that VW is buying Suzuki, both Auto and Motorcycle Company. This will be VWs 11th brand and help them penetrate Asian markets in both Auto and Cycle markets. No mention was made of MV Agusta. BTW Porsches attempt to swallow the Elephant failed some time ago, VW bought Porsche instead.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
VW Audi Group (VAG) have been under performing for some time and being slowly bought out by Porsche. Not sure the VAG bankers would be too keen, however MV is probably loose change in their current debt loading.

I have done some M & A work, and when company A looks to buy company B, A must answer the question of "Can we be a more efficient owner of B than their current owners?" Not the only reason for the purchase, but there will be a board somewhere that's saying "These guys are loss making, so how are we going to make them profitable - what do we bring to the table that would change their profitability?" - Just a thought, I see M&A today about fiscal reality, not speculative investment as it was in the recent past.

My bet is at least one is venture capital fund who is thinking "Buy low, cut the costs out and hang in their for a couple of years till the market picks up and it can be on-sold for a profit" ...

I hope that strategy isn't the winning one, none of us will like it.
Like other has stated VAG group is performing very well at the moment, and it did for the last 5, 6 years.

Porsche tried to buy them but with the crisis that came, nobody wanted to finance this, so VAG bought them recently. It is a fight between two families, one controls VAG and one Porsche.

They do have money to buy MV, what will really happen is another story.

And yes, they were the biggest in 3rd/4 this year, we will see what happens at the end of the year.

·
Registered
890 Posts
VW would be indeed very nice. and yes, porsche tried to take over VW for the last few years,
but they miserably failed. so in the end, it is now VW which controls porsche.
with this useless quarrel now settled, i would hope that VW has some vision and resources
left for future investment.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I dont know which would be worse. Being owned by Harley or being owned by a VAG:naughty:
:loser:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts