MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here a word we received from the MV Agusta Importer in this corner of Europe, as translated from Dutch, since you guys don't seem too fluent in that...

MV AGUSTA UNCROWNED WINNER OF DUCATI CLUB RACES 2006!

To whomever it concerns,

On May 5th and 6th the International Ducati Clubraces were held at the TT-Circuit of Assen, the Netherlands. A great number of classes were present and participated, but as tradition requires, most attention was attracted by the Sound of Thunder. Larger teams like the Ducati Factory team had enrolled for this king of classes. Besides all the Superbike teams, the Superstock team of Team MV Agusta also joined the ranks with John Bakker as rider. Superbike teams are allowed to tune the engine, adapt wheels and weight almost without limitation as well as the possibility of riding on slicks. The team of MV Agusta rides on an F4-1000R which is, as the Superstock rules dictate, nearly fully standard issue and is ridden on especially prepared street tires. However, since the Sound of Thunder is an affair for two- or three cylinder Superbikes and the MV Agusta is an undisputed four cylinder powered engine, John was only allowed to ride along with the field without entering the list of official competitors.

Despite the fact that the Superstock F4-1000R was had the disadvantage due to the Superstock rules and regulations and the tires, John Baker managed to qualify as second during the practice. Because of this good result he started the first race from the first row. Immediately after the start, John took the lead of the race. Both the F4-1000R and John proved, despite limitations, to rule supreme and gained a second per lap on the first bike chasing the exhausts of the F4-1000R. After 10 laps John finished first with a telling 10 second lead.

After this victory, John could not be denied pole for the second race. The first lap John was satisfied to tag along for a bit in second place. The next lap, however, he took the lead and again proved to rule supreme by gaining a second per lap on the rider chasing. He did not relinquish his position at any point and 8 laps later finished first, 9 seconds ahead of the remainder of the field.

Considering John was not an official competitor, it can be said he was the uncrowned winner of the Sound of Thunder. Besides this formidable achievement, the fastest lap time of the entire weekend also got John’s name attached to it!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Awesome!!! :smoking:
Seems like MV is really getting it right in Superstock all over Europe :king:

Thanks Rik

·
Registered
604 Posts
That's awesome for the brand. I wonder if the two pipe config. has better performance numbers over the quad pipe config., anyone know anything about that?

The bike looks good as well.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
ddnuts said:
I wonder if the two pipe config. has better performance numbers over the quad pipe config., anyone know anything about that?

Yeah, although i don't really have a proof of that, the thing is every (or almost every, at least) serious racing MV has a two pipe configuration.
Also James C was saying that they had come to that conclusion with Teuchert.

·
Registered
604 Posts
MV-999R, thanks for that. If you come across any hard numbers or comparisons please let me know. I wish there was video of this event. Were the other participants racers as well?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
ddnuts said:
That's awesome for the brand. I wonder if the two pipe config. has better performance numbers over the quad pipe config., anyone know anything about that?

The bike looks good as well.
This are the Laser pipes. Jörg Teuchert rode this Exhaust in last year´s German IDM Superbike series.
The racing team said, that they got much more power from the two pipes than with the original ones (as rumor has it 10hp more - relating to the "close-to-production" setup of the IDM Superbike series).

Also the original titan exhaust he used in 2004 was so quiet compared to the japanese racing bikes, that you thought, the engine was not running. :flickoff:
(foto also taken from the German forum :smoking: )

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
odonata said:
... with that said, I still prefer the original much more.
That´s the point. The original look much better :eek:

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My pleasure! All for MV :drummer:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts