MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All.
I accidentally cracked my F4 750 fairing at the narrow spot just above the head light. After visiting several plastic welding/painting shops with identical outcomes, namely, nah too difficult/not profitable enough (for them), to repair.
Well I thought stuff it, I will do it myself!
The repair was easy. I used the dremel with a fine disc to cut two parallel channels across the break on the inside of the fairing, and inserted two silver bronze rods and covered all with JB weld. After a little sanding and fairing to the outer surface, I agonized over getting paint matched (minimum 500mls), or go with some thing else. What can I say? I'm cheap!
Anyway, the reason for posting was to say the I used dupli colour monza red in a small touch up spray can. At first I thought the colour match was too light. But when I applied the clear, the match looks as close as!
I did not take pics of the break but if anyone is interested, I can post a pic of the final product.
Cheers

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Well done Atsuga750, I too have made little touch ups to stone chips and damage I have done.

A decent pic would be good, so fussy peeps can judge the match.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi All.
I accidentally cracked my F4 750 fairing at the narrow spot just above the head light. After visiting several plastic welding/painting shops with identical outcomes, namely, nah too difficult/not profitable enough (for them), to repair.
Well I thought stuff it, I will do it myself!
The repair was easy. I used the dremel with a fine disc to cut two parallel channels across the break on the inside of the fairing, and inserted two silver bronze rods and covered all with JB weld. After a little sanding and fairing to the outer surface, I agonized over getting paint matched (minimum 500mls), or go with some thing else. What can I say? I'm cheap!
Anyway, the reason for posting was to say the I used dupli colour monza red in a small touch up spray can. At first I thought the colour match was too light. But when I applied the clear, the match looks as close as!
I did not take pics of the break but if anyone is interested, I can post a pic of the final product.
Cheers
Could use these guys. Paint was dead on for my white f4.
https://touchupdirect.com/

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts