MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dragster Safety Recall?

A Dragster owner in the Netherlands posted in the Brutale B3 forum that he received a safety recall regarding a swing arm axle bolt that may break under normal use. He posted a picture of the letter he received from MV Agusta. Does anyone know if the Dragsters delivered to the USA are also being recalled. I just bought my Dragster a couple of weeks ago and do not know how to check on this.

·
Registered
272 Posts
A lot of times only certain markets are affected. If the USA is, you'll know it.

Don't fret.

If the USA bikes received the bad bolt (or whatever), you'll get notice.

·
Registered
272 Posts
The dealer or MV will contact you. (you are the registered owner, right?)

You can always contact MV USA.

I was recently contacted about my 10 year old BMW GS for a new recall. 10 years old! BMW contacted me thru snail mail.

Don't worry about it. If there's a life threatening recall - YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED!

·
Registered
90 Posts
The recall is across the range, not just Dragster.
The factory is very good on this in fact I'm very impressed with them .. they know every frame number and which dealer has the bike.
We have one Dragster to do (our demo bike) a F3-800, a Rivale and a F4 but the last three are in the shop for sale so no customer affected.
Parts have already been shipped to dealers affected.
If the bike has been sold then a letter has been provided by MV for the dealer to send out.

·
Registered
639 Posts
The recall is across the range, not just Dragster.
The factory is very good on this in fact I'm very impressed with them .. they know every frame number and which dealer has the bike.
We have one Dragster to do (our demo bike) a F3-800, a Rivale and a F4 but the last three are in the shop for sale so no customer affected.
Parts have already been shipped to dealers affected.
If the bike has been sold then a letter has been provided by MV for the dealer to send out.
Gordon, The letter is a bit vague about which bolt needs replacing.
Is it the bolt which connects the swingarm?

I have no time until next week to visit my deal, just curious...

Thnx !

·
Registered
639 Posts
Visited my dealer today for the Safety Recall.
This is the bolt they replaced.....

Attachments

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
USA bikes are affected. Got the recall notice today for my Rivale. Notice indicates that "some" bikes produced between 12/19/13 and 03/10/14 are affected.

"Affected motorcycles have a swingarm pin that is secured by a non conformant fixing screw which is subject to potential failure during normal use of the motorcycle, thereby increasing the risk of a crash.

WARNINGS which can precede breakage:
If the fixing screw fails, the swingarm pin will be free to move and the motorcycle may wobble when ridden."

:(

1 - 20 of 27 Posts