MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I don't think black would look nice. I will opt for the CF look to match the front one. Thanks again.

·
Registered
661 Posts
hmm, where you thinking the original color would look good if were any color other than carbon? :)

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
did '04s even come with a rear hugger?

not sure

:popcorn:
They did not. I had an 00, 04 and 06 and they all came without rear hugger.

·
Premium Member
2,886 Posts
Probably didn't come with holes either so you'll have to drill/tap 3 of them in your swingarm if you want an MV one.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Second on the carbon, it looks good enough. Big thing is it keeps crap off of the swingarm and the back of the engine. It could be lime green for all i care and it would still be an improvement over the gravel in that little dip in the swingarm.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I also began to notice that some pics show the bikes without the hugger. I will check to see if the holes are pre drilled..if they are not then I will keep it without the hugger.

·
Premium Member
2,886 Posts
There are huggers that use the chain guard holes and another pre existing hole, like the one on my 312R in my registry pic.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Just tap a small hole and put an M5 well nut in there. Its not a big deal. I just got a bare hugger so I built a kit. M5 well nut, 1" diameter but 1mm thick rubber washer, .5/M5 machine screw, .5" flat washer. Very stable and the rubber washer between the swingarm and hugger means no rubbing.

Its worth it to not throw stuff on the swingarm or back of the engine. Or else you could do like others have said and get the one that also has the cover over the swingarm as well.

·
Super Moderator
22,351 Posts
Yes, Ammo, MV inadvertently left out the holes. But there is a retrofit kit: P/N 8AH0099120 which goes with the rear fender, P/N 8A0099120. If you buy the Carbon Fiber Rear Fender P/N SPC001024, they through in a bag of holes for free. There are ten to a bag so you have some extras.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you guys for the info very informative. I however would like to keep the bike as stock as possible. I bought it with a few CF pieces but if it was up to me I would of kept it 100% Stock. It's like a fine steak..you don't add A1 steak sauce to it...the steak doesnt need it.

·
Premium Member
2,886 Posts
As mentioned previously, you're gonna have to drill them. I did mine. 30 minutes of measuring and looking (repeated thrice) and 1 minute of drilling. imo not a big deal, unless it were an Oro. If you do decide to do it, give me your address and I'll send you some wellnuts.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you for the offer very kind of you. I will just leave it stock but thanks again Sir.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts