MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just reading in a new motorcycle magazine the general details on the sale of MV tp GEVI SpA, in this article Castiglioni is quoted as saying "Although I am known as a die hard competition enthusiast, I won't be spending a cent in 2006 on going racing - all that matters right now is production and consolidating our position.....in the market"

So it seems this new deal has now all but ended seeing MV back at the race track with a factory-backed team.

Wonder where this leaves the homolgated Senna?

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
This is sad and I hope he re-thinks this.

MV IMO need to do a few things...improving their clothing line, getting their shit together with spare parts and go racing...and well maybe a few more things.

You would think that with so much debt being written off that they might see this as an opportunity to put a team together...they've got the bike???

I for one enjoy the fact that MV is somewhat exclusive but have no problem if they were to become more of a mass market manufacturer as long as it did not compromise product standards and the end result is MV becoming a competitive force in racing.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Oldy but Goldy

Sorry, could not resist. If you don't learn from the past, you are doomed to repeat it.

This is sad and I hope he re-thinks this.

MV IMO need to do a few things...improving their clothing line, getting their shit together with spare parts and go racing...and well maybe a few more things.

You would think that with so much debt being written off that they might see this as an opportunity to put a team together...they've got the bike???

I for one enjoy the fact that MV is somewhat exclusive but have no problem if they were to become more of a mass market manufacturer as long as it did not compromise product standards and the end result is MV becoming a competitive force in racing.

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Wow, I'm the fourth person to post on this (nearly) five year old thread! Obviously a hot topic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts